First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Trying out a dashcam. Wanted one with parking protection. And alerts from thievery and such sent to my phone. Also wanted one that didn’t stick out, as a potential allure for thieves.

So far, the Raven dash cam seems to fit the bill. It is large, but doesn’t look like a GPS or dash cam. Looks to me like it could be part of the vehicle. Has a 4G connection , so can send me alerts, and I can check it anytime. Is a GOS tracker for Jeep as well.

Does a bunch of other stuff that I probably won’t use. Any of your ODB stuff. Diagnostics, different system temps, turn by turn navigation Display is configurable. Videos outside and in cabin. Accessible via cloud. But can also pull full videos from the camera storage itself via USB of SD card if you want.

18.jpg

Reactions: zyt
OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Next addition. GoRhino rear bumper to match the front. Lined up perfectly. Powder coat in great shape. Was packaged great. Only thing I don’t like is the license plate mate. But, I have the JCR off-road license plate relocation bracket on order.

19.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Installed the JCR Off-road license plate relocation. I took entirely too much time to install it. Mainly because of the wiring. Instead of tapping into the tail light wiring, I rerouted and extended the factory license plate light. I went up through the tail light location to get the wires into the Jeep. Then routed out the tail gate.

I also added a waterproof disconnect to the light so that it would make spare removal easier. I opted not to do the third brake light. At least not yet. The whole thing does add to the process required for spare removal. But I definitely prefer the plate up there. As opposed to where the new bumper put it originally.

This also allowed me to push the camera out of the wheel a bit more, which was needed given the higher negative offset.

Of course, JCR build quality was top notch.

20.jpg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Backup light wiring. For this I did tap into the rear tail light and took advantage of the 12 volt socket in the back. I used the socket to provide the actual power to the lights through a relay. The tail light out triggers the relay. I also added a second wire to allow wiring one of the aux switches to the lights in the future.

Wiring was super simple once getting the trim panel off. Right tail light wire for reverse is with with brown stripe. I then only need to run one wire out from the relay to the LED cubes. Ran it through the same grommet that the other wiring uses.

I also used quick disconnects at the cubes for when the my might need replaced. I additionally used a relay molex to make replacement easier as well.

Picture below of all the action.

21.jpg

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Very nice build

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Terrible picture, but got my next mod on. Bestop Sunrider for JL. Aside from the ease of opening the top, I needed the headroom. With my extended seat brackets, it moved the seat up a bit. Which makes my head hit the top unless I slouch a lot.

So far, I think it's going to work.

706D3282-39D0-420B-94FC-F00D3DCF6DB6.jpeg

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great job on all your updates, all the choices you've made go great on that white JL, wheels & tires look badas$!

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great!