Thule Gutter Foot Rail on Wrangler JL 4 Dr

tylercranston

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Also, How high was the rack once installed? The gutter feet look pretty tall. Would you have any pics by any chance?
I will have to measure when I get home to give you the height, but i think it was around 4" above the hard top.

Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
@tylercranston seller got back to me and he said its "65 long. Would that be too long for the wrangler?
65 would make them a little wider on both sides but it's more about if you care for how the longer ones look when mounted. Also, how far is this seller from you? Couldn't you ask to meet with him/her and mount them on your Jeep and see?

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
65 would make them a little wider on both sides but it's more about if you care for how the longer ones look when mounted. Also, how far is this seller from you? Couldn't you ask to meet with him/her and mount them on your Jeep and see?
The seller is about 45 minute drive from me. I need it as a last minute option for my snowboarding trip this weekend so that was the closest one I can find.

That looks great! One question, what prevents the bar from swaying left and right from the gutter feet? Is there something on the gutter foot that holds the bar in place so it won't slide around?

Last edited:

tylercranston

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@tylercranston seller got back to me and he said its "65 long. Would that be too long for the wrangler?
Should be fine, that will add 3.5" more on each side compared to my photos.
The seller is about 45 minute drive from me. I need it as a last minute option for my snowboarding trip this weekend so that was the closest one I can find.

That looks great! One question, what prevents the bar from swaying left and right from the gutter feet? Is there something on the gutter foot that holds the bar in place so it won't slide around?
There are some screws on the feet that when you tighten them it adds pressure against the bar so it won’t move around.

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
Should be fine, that will add 3.5" more on each side compared to my photos.

There are some screws on the feet that when you tighten them it adds pressure against the bar so it won’t move around.
Thanks! Picking up the set in a few hours. Will post pics when I'm done installing them

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts
Installed it but the rack seems very high. Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

1350FD08-68CF-499C-B8C9-20954B03CE6D.jpeg

213F22F6-D173-4A85-9282-C478B5300329.jpeg

Sponsored

tylercranston

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
Installed it but the rack seems very high. Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

1350FD08-68CF-499C-B8C9-20954B03CE6D.jpeg

213F22F6-D173-4A85-9282-C478B5300329.jpeg
I'm glad they worked! And the height should be fine but you might get some more wind noise than the other ones, that's all

OP
OP
steve0819

steve0819

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cts

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
For what it's worth I got a similar deal from Craigslist this weekend with the 300-series raingutter feet and square bar from Thule). The bars that came with it are 55" and they fit perfect with the bars being just long enough to go into the mounts with no real overhang outboard of the mounts (just enough for the endcaps). 55" appears to be the minimum length.
IMG_20190119_110804124_HDR.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I'm planning on going on a snowboard trip this weekend so I was browsing around craigslist for a roof rack that would fit all of our snowboards.

I read in some other threads that any gutter system rail will fit the JL. Can anyone confirm this?

I just want to make sure the fit works for my wrangler before I go ahead and purchase it from the seller.

Any advice would be appreciated. Pictures attached below:

Thule Gutter Feet
Thule Square Bar
Thule Flat Top 725

ss.jpg

sss.jpg
I don't remember what name brand I have but it looks just like yours. I put it on with a roof rack basket from WalMart and loaded it with over 50lbs of firewood and had 0 problems.

One thing to be careful of is these roofs LOVE to scratch easily so set it gently and tuck some card board between the clamp and the roof until you get it all situated, then remove the cardboard and clamp it down.
Sponsored