ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
I used the bump stops that came with it. However I still have about a 5” gap between the stops and the tire.
Hence, your bouncy spare problem. #facepalm
Sponsored

Justin836

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unl
Hence, your bouncy spare problem. #facepalm
Yeah I totally get the reason it bounces. I just don’t understand why the mount would come with such insufficient hardware. But either way, im going to just replace with an LOD rear bumper and swing gate. Thanks for the replies.

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Gain enough clearance to run a 35x12.50 spare tire with Rough Country’s Jeep JL Spare Tire Carrier Relocation Plate! In the factory position, the Jeep JL is unable to mount a 35in spare tire due to inadequate clearance over the factory bumper. This durable, easy-to-install mount relocates the factory spare tire assembly upwards by 4.75in, allowing you to easily clear a 35in aftermarket spare tire above your factory rear bumper without setting off back up sensors.

Rough Country’s JL Spare Tire Carrier Relocation Plate succeeds where simpler solutions fail; engineered as a solid-steel, one-piece plate for the ultimate in durability and strength when it comes to holding the weight of your spare tire and wheel. This innovative design bolts directly into the factory mounting points and includes all the necessary components to relocate your entire spare tire assembly upwards with no need for drilling, welding, or additional modifications. Includes Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement Guarantee!

• Easy bolt-on installation
  • Allows use of 35in spare tire without making contact with rear bumper
  • Moves mounting points upward 4.75in
  • Durable, solid-steel construction
  • Works with rear parking sensors

JL Spare Tire.jpg

JL Spare plate.jpg

JL Spare plate 1.jpg
We Installed this on our, seems to be made good and is very stable. our only issue was that when we lifted the third brake light my wife didn't like it. I relocated the light to the carrier behind the wheel and now she is happy.
tire carrier extension.jpg
third brake light.jpg

mike81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler JLUR
We will be launching the older style relocation bracket for those that do not have sensors and want to keep the tire low. They should be going through manufacturing end of next week and available first of 2019.
Is the older style available yet?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
We will be launching the older style relocation bracket for those that do not have sensors and want to keep the tire low. They should be going through manufacturing end of next week and available first of 2019.

It is about time... when I politely requested it back in October RC rudely blew me off. All they had to do was drill 4 additional holes which is what I ended up doing. They were so rude about it I will not buy from them again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rough Country Suspensions

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Is the older style available yet?
We are very close, these are running through our in house manufacturing next week.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I have an original relocation bracket that I have replaced with the new version. Its in great condition, I just needed more clearance for my reverse sensors. If anyone is looking to get the old style bracket PM me.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
I have an original relocation bracket that I have replaced with the new version. Its in great condition, I just needed more clearance for my reverse sensors. If anyone is looking to get the old style bracket PM me.
I have the taller one and would like the shorter. Too bad we didn’t trade originally....

Sponsored

t3aztec

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Installed the RC Relocation Bracket today. All clear. For respected reasons RC Ryan cant tell us a 37 will work but I am running stock Rubi wheels on Mastercraft MXT 37x12.50x17s. Easily clears and seems very sturdy. I just need to fill the small space from the bump-stops. There isn't much there so any suggestions?

Spare Space.jpg

Spare Space 2.jpg
Do you have rear sensors?
Is this the 4.75 inch or 2.25 inch raise?

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Do you have rear sensors?
Is this the 4.75 inch or 2.25 inch raise?
When I had stock steel bumpers with sensors the 2.25 bracket worked. I replaced the bumper with a jcr mid bumper with sensors and had to go with the 4.75 while running a 37 inch tire.

pdog75

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Hi everyone. I have a 2018 JLUS. I installed the Mopar lift and then 18” Grid wheels (-15 offset) with 35x12 KO2s. I have the parking sensors. I was afraid about the sensors picking up the new tire. I bought the Rough Country spare tire relocation bracket but rolled the dice and went with the non-parking sensor version as I wanted the tire to be lower. Held by breath after install and happy to report I get no issues with the sensors.

I am pretty sure it comes down to the wheel and offset combination, and the tire itself. The KO2s are barely 35 (34.5) and the offset was intentionally -15 as it kept me almost dead on the same clearance to the suspension. If I had gone more aggressive on offset or on tire I can see how the sensor might pick up the tire.

52D0DD5C-96B5-4EC8-A233-88DC2C0C756A.jpeg

3276265E-5162-43A3-9FE4-15837B754416.jpeg

7CADAC6F-1643-4C52-B0CA-0DA559AD458D.jpeg

4A3E9CDC-10E6-4521-8479-F4DF219DD662.jpeg

C54C6E58-206B-4B41-BE60-92A577064024.jpeg

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
@Rough Country Suspensions I just had the my relocation bracket delivered and am surprised by the finish on the this. I am curious if this is something that slipped through the cracks of quality control or if this is an ok example of finish. The finish is already chipped in one spot and seems bubbled or ridged on both sides.

Is this to be expected?

Gain enough clearance to run a 35x12.50 spare tire with Rough Country’s Jeep JL Spare Tire Carrier Relocation Plate! In the factory position, the Jeep JL is unable to mount a 35in spare tire due to inadequate clearance over the factory bumper. This durable, easy-to-install mount relocates the factory spare tire assembly upwards by 4.75in, allowing you to easily clear a 35in aftermarket spare tire above your factory rear bumper without setting off back up sensors.

Rough Country’s JL Spare Tire Carrier Relocation Plate succeeds where simpler solutions fail; engineered as a solid-steel, one-piece plate for the ultimate in durability and strength when it comes to holding the weight of your spare tire and wheel. This innovative design bolts directly into the factory mounting points and includes all the necessary components to relocate your entire spare tire assembly upwards with no need for drilling, welding, or additional modifications. Includes Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement Guarantee!

• Easy bolt-on installation
  • Allows use of 35in spare tire without making contact with rear bumper
  • Moves mounting points upward 4.75in
  • Durable, solid-steel construction
  • Works with rear parking sensors
Jeep Wrangler JL Rough Country JL Spare tire relocation IMG_0672

Jeep Wrangler JL Rough Country JL Spare tire relocation IMG_0674

Jeep Wrangler JL Rough Country JL Spare tire relocation IMG_0676

Jeep Wrangler JL Rough Country JL Spare tire relocation IMG_0677

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
@Rough Country Suspensions I just had the my relocation bracket delivered and am surprised by the finish on the this. I am curious if this is something that slipped through the cracks of quality control or if this is an ok example of finish. The finish is already chipped in one spot and seems bubbled or ridged on both sides.

Is this to be expected?

Rough Country will make it right for you. That is not how mine looks.
Sponsored