Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
@R 3
Thanks for putting these film products out - although I bought everything, there were no instructions other than the hinge tips and the stock 3M PDF on your site. For the rear fenders, where the relief cuts are, do the longer relief cuts go toward the vehicle body or the outside?
Sponsored

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj
@R 3
Thanks for putting these film products out - although I bought everything, there were no instructions other than the hinge tips and the stock 3M PDF on your site. For the rear fenders, where the relief cuts are, do the longer relief cuts go toward the vehicle body or the outside?
We have been out of power for the past few day and should restore soon, when we get power back at the office I will send you a diagram that shows the fitment. I have been trying to get it up on the web sight I just havenā€™t been able to.
Thanks
Matt

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
We have been out of power for the past few day and should restore soon, when we get power back at the office I will send you a diagram that shows the fitment. I have been trying to get it up on the web sight I just havenā€™t been able to.
Thanks
Matt
Thanks for the reply Matt! I appreciate it - did you get hit with the snowstorm too? Probably blew through here in IL and MO to you. Will you also have the fitment diagrams for the door sills? Again, it wasn't clear which side was which so I ended up messing up the driver side front and the passenger side rear, by the time I realized it wasn't going to fit properly, there was no saving it =( do you offer an option to purchase a replacement single items at discount for repeat customers for this situation or do you only sell the whole door sill kit at full price again?

I'm nervous to try again with the remaining passenger front and driver rear sills given the cost of these without proper fitment instructions. I tried to use your prototype mock up pictures but they don't seem to align the same.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks
Matt
Matt - did you get a chance to work on improved directions? It would be helpful if you could provide a better description explaining how to align film on fender. Also, can I apply your film directly over the existing film, or do I need to remove it first?

Thanks.
Mark

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Mark,
here is the link to the diagram for the rear fenders
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/af9fb5_ddcbe9b2bb6944af92c51417a4d75515.pdf.
thanks
matt
Matt,
Iā€™m sorry, I thought you were referring to improvements to the instructions provided. I understand which goes on each side, I was asking if you can provide suggestions for aligning them on the fenders when installing (such as distance from front and side trim pieces.
I would also like to know if they can be applied over the existing vinyl film installed by Jeep?
Thanks again.
Mark
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.