Any interest in Frank Raines OHV?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
all these comms are confusing as all hell. GMRS still requires a license just not one you need to test i believe.

Currently i am using CB but going to be taking technician license in feb, Will prob be using those two. I don't know of too many people using GMRS/Walkie Talkie
Correct. No test for GMRS license. You just have to register and pay a fee and your license covers you and your family for 10 years. My wife can use my license without having to get her own. In the meantime, GMRS radios can talk to FRS.

I may end up with a technician license, but trying to put that off. I’m not planning on going CB. That feels like old school tech.
Sponsored

haiducool

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
It's my first Jeep, and don't have Jeep buddies and have not done any club runs - yet, so nobody to align to, but very much looking forward to.

I got this clip and the respective CB (with external antenna) and ham radios so I can flexible, on top of the GMRS radios.
https://jeepuniq.com/products/midla...er-baofeng-uv-5r-mount-jeep-wrangler-jl-k18jl

My experience with handheld GMRS is relatively poor, depending on terrain, distance is quite short - could be a mile or less. I believe CBs are similar without an external antenna, and hams depend on power and repeaters.

Lil Sport

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport 2 door
Hi , been following this thread. I’m up for Frank Raines for the next time. New Jeeper with a JL 2dr Sport, stock street tires now. Hollister Hiils twice in mud etc. . Couldn’t believe how well it did without even AT tires. . I’m In Marin County if anybody else is near.
Sponsored