robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Borla S-Type black installed a few weeks ago and noticing the black coating is peeling off the inside of one out the output pipes. Has anyone had/seen this? Wondering if it's a known thing and/or easy to fix as I really like the all black look on my black moab.
Sponsored

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
I bought the Touring version and had the same issue. Contacted Borla and they replaced. New one is setting in the garage, have not installed yet, hope to tomorrow. Great customer service at Borla.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Got the Borla S-Type black installed a few weeks ago and noticing the black coating is peeling off the inside of one out the output pipes. Has anyone had/seen this? Wondering if it's a known thing and/or easy to fix as I really like the all black look on my black moab.
How is the sound of the”S” type? And do they make one for the 2.0l? I think it doesn’t matter, but want to make sure. From what i read they are the same from the axle back.

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Hello. I'm sorry to hear the coating on your black tips are peeling! Please contact our customer service at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PST). We will be sure to take care of you!

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
How is the sound of the”S” type? And do they make one for the 2.0l? I think it doesn’t matter, but want to make sure. From what i read they are the same from the axle back.
I would not recommend using our axle-backs for the 3.6L on the 2.0L Turbo. Physically it will fit, but we have not done any sound testing or tuning as we have not yet brought in a 2.0L JL. We do not know how it will sound and whether or not it will drone.

Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I would not recommend using our axle-backs for the 3.6L on the 2.0L Turbo. Physically it will fit, but we have not done any sound testing or tuning as we have not yet brought in a 2.0L JL. We do not know how it will sound and whether or not it will drone.
Ok, thanks. I f you need a “beta tester” for a 2-door Rubicon with a 2.0 L, I’m your man! :)

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issue. Just installed the S-Type 1 week ago and I'm noticing the inner black coating peeling. I guess I will contact customer support after reading this thread and replies.

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
This is one reason I went with the gibson

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
I had the same issue - that said, I contacted Borla and they mentioned the early units had some defects; they're shipping me out a new one. Gonna give it a shot...

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green JLU & 2014 Dodge Challenger
Installed the Borla ATAK on June 10th and less than 100 miles and 5 weeks later both tips are chipping off. Sucks because it looks like they knew of the issue and corrected it. Going to be tough to replace with the same and just worry it will happen again. It looks like the entire tip could chip off at any moment.

BA95AFF3-50AA-4301-BB80-BAF78390DF7B.jpeg

1B70817B-84A3-47C8-B433-A435C596DDEE.jpeg

2C039039-105F-4C23-B8D6-ACAB99C55A6E.jpeg

Sponsored

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Installed the Borla ATAK on June 10th and less than 100 miles and 5 weeks later both tips are chipping off. Sucks because it looks like they knew of the issue and corrected it. Going to be tough to replace with the same and just worry it will happen again. It looks like the entire tip could chip off at any moment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla S-Type Black Coating 2C039039-105F-4C23-B8D6-ACAB99C55A6E

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla S-Type Black Coating 2C039039-105F-4C23-B8D6-ACAB99C55A6E

Hello! I'm sorry to see your tips are peeling. If you haven't already, please give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PT) or email us at [email protected]. Our Customer Service team will help you out. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello! I'm sorry to see your tips are peeling. If you haven't already, please give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PT) or email us at [email protected]. Our Customer Service team will help you out. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Ian, Thanks for the response. I just got an email from Ernest to handle a replacement. I am really concerned about installing a replacement and having the same issue. Has this been corrected or is it possible Quadratec sent me an older exhaust with the bad batch of paint on it?

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Ian, Thanks for the response. I just got an email from Ernest to handle a replacement. I am really concerned about installing a replacement and having the same issue. Has this been corrected or is it possible Quadratec sent me an older exhaust with the bad batch of paint on it?
Great, I'm glad to hear Ernest has already responded to you. It's possible you may have received a system from a bad batch. If you still have the box, Ernest should be able to confirm the manufacturing date and see if there were issues with that batch.

DVLDOG-USMC

First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great, I'm glad to hear Ernest has already responded to you. It's possible you may have received a system from a bad batch. If you still have the box, Ernest should be able to confirm the manufacturing date and see if there were issues with that batch.
Box is long gone. Guess I can just hope the replacement lasts longer then this 1!

2DSTINGJL

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue. Borla ATAK on my JL. Less then 500 miles and the left tip is already flaking. One side was scratched from shipping. Absolutely no padding between the box and tip on one side. My Jeep literally doesn’t see rain or dirt. Poor finish, poor packaging.
Jeep Wrangler JL Borla S-Type Black Coating B6244103-AD96-4962-8FCC-EC987D223CDF

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla S-Type Black Coating D47082DC-5AC3-46AC-9CB4-090D55ED70FC

D460ABC1-27B7-4405-960F-E7D210478BBD.jpeg
Sponsored