Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Red-5
@BestopTeam

I'm curious as hell how Bestop will handle this broken z-clip thing. @Red-5 Do post here and let us know how Bestop deals with this!!

Bestop, must have a plan of action for this.... hopefully... ya'd think they would anyway.

Would be crazy if Bestop has to replace the whole SR if a z-clip(s) break.

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
@Red-5
@BestopTeam

I'm curious as hell how Bestop will handle this broken z-clip thing. @Red-5 Do post here and let us know how Bestop deals with this!!

Bestop, must have a plan of action for this.... hopefully... ya'd think they would anyway.

Would be crazy if Bestop has to replace the whole SR if a z-clip(s) break.
Bestop escalated my issue and my new sunrider will be here in 3-4days. Since the product is so new, they asked that I package up the damaged one and send back for them to inspect. Thanks bestop for taking care of me!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Remove Before Flight

I have a "Remove Before Flight" ribbon lying in the little change holder under the JL's Ebrake handle.

When I have my Bestop Sunrider closed but not latched, I place that Remove Before Flight, ribbon on my magnetic cellphone mount to remind me to either secure or flip open my Sunrider before driving..

Often when in Florida, when I leave the JL unattended in a parking lot, I flip closed the SR but do not secure it / fasten it down with the latches.

I just flip it closed in case it rains and or to block the sun.

IF when I come back to the vehicle and forget to flip the SR open, it will fly open at speeds above say 30 mph. Did this x 2.

This wakes you right up 8-) and for sure is not good for the SR.

SO, the Remove Before Flight is a visual reminder and YES, it does work to remind me.

Notice the ribbon is color coordinated with the JL's interior.. 8-)

oooo.jpg

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
It may have already been addressed here, but I have yet to find it..

Can the rear portion or the hard top be removed with the sunrider installed?

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
It may have already been addressed here, but I have yet to find it..

Can the rear portion or the hard top be removed with the sunrider installed?
No, just like you can't remove the hardtop without removing freedom panels first.

Sponsored

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
No, just like you can't remove the hardtop without removing freedom panels first.

Have you confirmed this with use?

In another thread I see that Bestop states it can be ran without the hard top, but this was discussing a preproduction model.

Yes, you can run the Sunrider for Hardtop without the hardtop if you would like to.

CassieAtBestop

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Have you confirmed this with use?

In another thread I see that Bestop states it can be ran without the hard top, but this was discussing a preproduction model.
No, i did not but simple thought of how everything goes together confirms this.

I'm sure you can run it without hardtop, just like you do same with freedom panels on and hardtop off, however since both freedom panels and sunrider lay on top of the hardtop (blocking 2 mounting screws) they both have to be removed in order to remove the hardtop.

EDIT to be more specific.:
So if your main goal is to run the sunrider only you will have to:
1) remove sunrider (or freedom panels)
2) remove hardtop
3) reinstall sunrider (or freedom panels)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have a new noise that has developed in my Sunrider for Hardtop in the past week. It's coming from the area above the driver's head. Here's a sound clip. Use headphones. Any idea what's up with that?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That seriously took less than 30 min to install. There was videos of the install. How you couldn't figure out how the top rails go on. I still cant figure that out. Gaurrante if you would of spent 10 min looking at these post in here , you would of known how to install it. I knew from watching the video didnt even look at the instructions. All this z clip bullshit is crazy. It wasn't hard at all.
There "was" videos of the install that didn't match up with what owners are experiencing. So, not very helpful. There are multiple people who've stated they had trouble with the Z-clips, and even pictures of them breaking. They are hard. It's not a good design. If yours worked great, consider yourself lucky. The rails need to be marked better, and the Z-clips need to be redesigned.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
There "was" videos of the install that didn't match up with what owners are experiencing. So, not very helpful. There are multiple people who've stated they had trouble with the Z-clips, and even pictures of them breaking. They are hard. It's not a good design. If yours worked great, consider yourself lucky. The rails need to be marked better, and the Z-clips need to be redesigned.
If you really couldn't figure out which way the rails went, you didnt have any business trying to install it. The Z clip was blown way out of proportion .I didnt get lucky, it wasnt hard , for some one mechanically inclined.
Sponsored