Cargo mat for 2-door with rear seats removed

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
it doesn't pop out, cut only. mine was delivered friday. awesome piece, should be for the price. and yes, looks like you could keep the back seat in.

I left the subwoofer covered, can't tell the difference sound wise. very happy with the purchase.
@Chubrocker ... I know from a sound perspective, you can generally keep subwoofers covered (eg behind curtains, under sofas). Do you know if there is risk of keeping the Jeep subwoofer covered by a cargo mat? Does it need airflow?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
@Chubrocker ... I know from a sound perspective, you can generally keep subwoofers covered (eg behind curtains, under sofas). Do you know if there is risk of keeping the Jeep subwoofer covered by a cargo mat? Does it need airflow?
No idea, but I haven't had any issues whatsoever, sound or otherwise. It's staying covered for me

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Got it, love it, thanks guys.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed canvasback a while ago and haven’t got a response from them regarding a mat for the JL 2dr. Came across this in a search and will be ordering ASAP.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
When I first got my JL I piled pillows and such on top of the sub woofer and found no difference in sound. I think most of the sound is conductive in the body of the Jeep.
I remember Alpine said JK the sub was more of a buttshaker setup vs traditional, so I would imagine the same for JL. However I have covered up my sub and did notice a slight difference in sound while in the driver seat, and definitely next to the woofer. I actually just ordered my Weathertech liner today and plan on cutting the woofer hole. :)

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
One follow-up item … the four (4) holes for the back seat come already "cut out". The pictures I posted is exactly the way it comes out of the box.

FLSteve
Thanks for all the info, mine will be here tomorrow ! I ordered Tues. morning and it shipped within hours.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

Sponsored

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Got mine today - thanks FLSteve! I did put my seat back in - here's some pics if anyone else plans on dong it. Works perfect.

aUBzIhdKQFCXKiRjIU+s4w.jpg

XQqlvpBcQa+s9%DPxfLO7g.jpg

aJwv91uqTbWesASSjUgwBQ.jpg
Does the mat hit the back of your legs if you're sitting in the back seat? I am also wondering why the mat stops well short of the back side of the cargo area. I know you can buy the extra "bumper protector" roll out piece, but otherwise it seems odd to leave a good chunk of the of small cargo area behind the back seats unprotected. Or am I not seeing it correctly?

Does anyone have the back bumper protector piece and have any comments on it? Do you find it in the way when rolled up and not in use?

Gemball2018

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Does the mat hit the back of your legs if you're sitting in the back seat? I am also wondering why the mat stops well short of the back side of the cargo area. I know you can buy the extra "bumper protector" roll out piece, but otherwise it seems odd to leave a good chunk of the of small cargo area behind the back seats unprotected. Or am I not seeing it correctly?

Does anyone have the back bumper protector piece and have any comments on it? Do you find it in the way when rolled up and not in use?
I just ordered this. I believe the area near the tailgate is not covered because that is where the gate covers and would jamb if it extended any further

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered this. I believe the area near the tailgate is not covered because that is where the gate covers and would jamb if it extended any further
I wondered if that was the case, especially given WT's marketing about their product's tight fit. I'm hoping you or someone can verify. I really like the idea of having the full coverage for use when the back seats are out.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Can anyone verify if the mat hits the back of your legs if you're a back seat passenger?

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer

bump ... I'd love to know too, as I'll keep my back seats in most of the time with two teenagers back there, but it would be nice to have a full covered cargo area when my kids aren't in the back. Also would like to know how the bumper protector is working out if anyone bought that yet.

FYI: They also sell a 'behind 2nd row' mat for the 2 door now, anyone tried that one? I may go ahead and purchase it first, just to check it out, maybe with the bumper protector as it appears it will fall short of the carpet like the larger mat.

https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler/cargo-liner/wrangler-generation/jl/
Sponsored