Not open for further replies.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
You know when someone associates something you love with something silly, stupid, or downright despicable you can never get it out of your head? Well this is for the Rubicon owners... I know I’ll chuckle every time I see a Rubicon now.

:devil:

It seems as though there must be something in the name Rubicon that just oozes superiority (see bolder section). :giggle:

————————————————-
Want it all? Want a luxurious ride, all day comfort, superior engineering, rugged reliability and never-quit performance? Good luck—unless you’re sitting in the saddle of a Honda Rubicon. Sure, maybe that sounds like an over promise, but just ask the thousands of Rubicon owners out there and they’ll tell you it’s a fact.

82D45AC8-4E3B-4C6E-B604-2E9DC04049FA.jpeg

Weird. If you let a forum make you feel despicable about something you love then you should sign off.
Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Weird. If you let a forum make you feel despicable about something you love then you should sign off.
It was a joke, hyperbole... talk about Moab owners being sensitive.

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Some of us don't need dual locking diffs and sway bar disconnects (especially in Florida where there is not even a small hill). It's a good balance between the Rubi and the Sahara. The MOAB is a Saharacon. I think mine is bad ass.

IMG_0768.jpeg
IMG_0807.jpeg
IMG_0851.jpeg
IMG_0974.jpeg

D137D780-7A2F-4C91-8378-4303B5AF4B7B.jpeg

253CA336-9F57-4394-9AA6-A6CA9C6EF0F7.jpeg
FE6B5520-7F47-4F9D-95C1-24B0E84E5F1D.jpeg
955302DE-B8CB-456A-8F87-92E9AA6609C3.jpeg

IMG_0998.jpeg
Very nice Jeep for sure.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Now, that EcoBust disaster of an engine family they came out with in 2011...that's another story. Could write novels about how big of a mistake that was.
/\ This is what I was referring to my friend. :) /\

Sponsored

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning ladies! No one answered my question about the KM2's at the bottom of page 27. :tumbleweed:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning ladies! No one answered my question about the KM2's at the bottom of page 27. :tumbleweed:
I have zero experience with Mud Terrains so I really have no clue what is so "terrible" about the KM2.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
What did we all do before the Rubicon was added as an option? Yes believe it or not there was a day that people offroaded fearlessly without their Jeeps being a Rubicon. You would think reading this thread and others that a non Rubicon is forever cast to a life of solitary confinement in the mall parking lot. :cwl:

Imagine the day when only heavily built custom rigs had user selectable lockers? Hard to imagine. I mean it was a huge deal before 2003.
They had to install lockers and 4:1 tcases or gears from aftermarket manufacturers. IMO, it was actually somewhat better that way. The end user then could CHOOSE what they wanted to run. I wouldn't have gone with the Rubi's lockers over ARB/Zip (or maybe automatic Grizzlies) and wouldn't have chosen the Rok-trac either...definitely wouldn't have used the electronic sway bar disco.

Last edited:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
You know when someone associates something you love with something silly, stupid, or downright despicable you can never get it out of your head? Well this is for the Rubicon owners... I know I’ll chuckle every time I see a Rubicon now.

:devil:

It seems as though there must be something in the name Rubicon that just oozes superiority (see bolder section). :giggle:

————————————————-
Want it all? Want a luxurious ride, all day comfort, superior engineering, rugged reliability and never-quit performance? Good luck—unless you’re sitting in the saddle of a Honda Rubicon. Sure, maybe that sounds like an over promise, but just ask the thousands of Rubicon owners out there and they’ll tell you it’s a fact.

82D45AC8-4E3B-4C6E-B604-2E9DC04049FA.jpeg

Ps this is a real thing. I copy and pasted that quote
Don't know why anyone would be offended. Honda Rubicons are good quads. Not great....but not bad. Just like a Jeep Rubicon isn't going to keep up with a custom buggy....it's good at wheeling, not great....but still far more capable than any normal drivetrain that isn't locked f/r with a 4:1 case.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just b/c you have lockers doesn't mean you don't get stuck.

Here's what real signage looks like:

ky4KHRF.jpg

Might wanna pay attention to the recommended equipment list.

Last edited:

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
lol its so easy to trigger the rub's