Sponsored

21' 7" of space....... 3rd stall add on?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have 21' 7" of space between my beer fridge and the lateral support pars of my garage door.

Is the Gladiator 18' 2"?

I suppose If I only give 8" of space in the rear, i'll have 33" of space to squeeze through up front. Trouble is, my kids will also only have 33" of space.
So either i
  1. get use to the kids scratching it cuz "its a truck"
  2. Park outside next to the minivan and then the whole garage will be storage and my shop.
  3. Build a 3rd stall on the garage so I can park it in there and have a shop behind it, and then let the wife park her van in the newly organized 2 stall.
I know 3 is the most expensive, but i think i'm going that route. The truck is just a catalyst for wanting to expand the garage.

Can I want the concrete finish to be semi smooth, just like the inside of my garage is now. Can anybody tell me if you can pour the frost wall and slab of a garage 3rd stall add on in 2019, and then build the frame/roof/siding ect. the following year without possibly screwing up the concrete?
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Gladiator is 18ft 2in. (My garage is only 18ft 0in and so I'm sad).
If you are paying already for a truck I'm not sure you will also want to pay for garage expansion, but it's not my money and I don't know how much you have.
With my current vehicle I have only about 20" of space in front of my current vehicle, I'm a big guy and I can squeeze through.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Gladiator is 18ft 2in. (My garage is only 18ft 0in and so I'm sad).
If you are paying already for a truck I'm not sure you will also want to pay for garage expansion, but it's not my money and I don't know how much you have.
With my current vehicle I have only about 20" of space in front of my current vehicle, I'm a big guy and I can squeeze through.
thanks for the insight.

I'm actually thinking of starting the garage expansion this year, buying a JT in 2020, and finishing the garage in 2021. Perhaps that's dumb, i dunno. But if I put down the concrete this year, it'll give me a place to park my current vehicle whereas now we're parking both on our driveway and its rather cramped.

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
Gladiator is 18ft 2in.
Overall length? endmost bumper point to endmost bumper point?

What about height and width? [I'm sure it's in the spec section]

Interested in garage fitment as well.

Thanks,

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks,
our van is a tight fit width wise already, so i'm sure this truck will be even tighter. oh well.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
We were talking about this in another thread. The Gladiator is huge. It's 10" away from being the same length as a SuperCrew F-150. The Gladiator is a big girl. It's going to take a full size residential garage to fit it.

For a lot of guys, this is actually a big consideration. I know a lot of dudes don't care. But many do. Some of those guys will probably look at other midsize trucks instead because those are all significantly shorter, while still keeping the same size bed and interior.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
We were talking about this in another thread. The Gladiator is huge. It's 10" away from being the same length as a SuperCrew F-150. The Gladiator is a big girl. It's going to take a full size residential garage to fit it.

For a lot of guys, this is actually a big consideration. I know a lot of dudes don't care. But many do. Some of those guys will probably look at other midsize trucks instead because those are all significantly shorter, while still keeping the same size bed and interior.
10" is a lot. Just ask my wife...................

(She knows a guy...)

Last edited:

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician

Thanks,
Yes 18' 2"

Soft top Rubicon (tallest of the tops and trims) is 75 inches.

Width is 73.8 inches.

Last edited:

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
18' 2" + any extra aftermarket bumper + winch hook + ...
75" + lift + tires
73.8" + opening the doors (luckily smaller doors than most) + wheel/tire offset

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
mine will just get parked outside like all the rest

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm outside too for now. Garage is in plans. When the garage goes up, one consideration will be Cindy's spot. Except sneaking out to drive her is easier without opening a garage door. I am worried about theft. These things are going to be prime targets for awhile. The only two things that would suck worse than this wait are totaling it or coming outside to findfyour JT missing.
Is it that easy to trick the keyless entry, keyless start on these? My 1989 Honda crx was stolen, but you could start that with any 1988-2000 Honda civic key. Very little brain power needed.

RandyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Is it that easy to trick the keyless entry, keyless start on these? My 1989 Honda crx was stolen, but you could start that with any 1988-2000 Honda civic key. Very little brain power needed.

RandyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My garage limitation is caused by a raised step in the back area that acts a a front tire “stop”. The distance from this “stop” to the garage door is 201”.
If you were to put a 4”x4”x8’ board on the floor and rolled the Gladiator up to it, does anyone know what the measurement would be from that board to the back edge of the rear bumper?

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm outside too for now. Garage is in plans. When the garage goes up, one consideration will be Cindy's spot. Except sneaking out to drive her is easier without opening a garage door. I am worried about theft. These things are going to be prime targets for awhile. The only two things that would suck worse than this wait are totaling it or coming outside to findfyour JT missing.
Another good reason why I shall go with the 6 speed anti-theft device...

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another good reason why I shall go with the 6 speed anti-theft device...
?? Because less people know how to drive them? I wonder how many car thieves actually can't drive stick. Gone in 60 seconds 2030 - "shit I electricuted myself"
Sponsored