First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
Looking for some advise on mud tires. I have a 2 door Rubicon and do not plan on lifting it at this time. Since it is a two door I think I can get by off road was just swapping out the all-terrain tires and getting a good set of mud terrains. I have been doing a lot of research and thought I was set on getting the Firestone destination to MT 2's, but I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Federal couragia M/t's? I've read good things about them and with the money I could save I may be able to get wheels to go with it so I can just switch them out myself when I go off road and here in Pennsylvania it's a lot of mud and hill climbs. So if anyone has any feedback on the federal tires or any other brand that I could possibly get a tire wheel package and keep it under $1,200 I would appreciate it
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I believe most sizes of the federals are E rated and pretty stiff. Other than that I haven't heard much.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thank you for that info!!!
Here's a good thread w/ members running those tires
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/anyone-running-the-milestar-patagonia-m-t-tire.18347/
Got these wheels (in gray) for a nice deal, they are hubcentric and the +10 offset is good for keeping tires more inside the fenders than most other sets. And buying the tires at walmart they mount & balance for $12 per wheel w/ a lifetime rotation balance deal. They did a nice job w/ that including the TPMS sensors I had.
https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/atx-ravine-ax194-wheels-17x8-5-5x127-teflon-10mm-AX19478550610/
So you could get that tire/wheel set for about $1100 installed and ebay sensors are about $40 a set.
Here's mine
wheel-jpg-jpg.jpg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I had 38x13.50r17 Milestars on my JK. I currently have them in 40x13.50r17 on my JL. They are an awesome tire but more of a hybrid MT/AT.

OP
OP
epd313

epd313

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
Good info on the milestars at wal-mart. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
For the money? It's hard to beat the Milestar Patagonia M/T.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Looking for some advise on mud tires. I have a 2 door Rubicon and do not plan on lifting it at this time. Since it is a two door I think I can get by off road was just swapping out the all-terrain tires and getting a good set of mud terrains. I have been doing a lot of research and thought I was set on getting the Firestone destination to MT 2's, but I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Federal couragia M/t's? I've read good things about them and with the money I could save I may be able to get wheels to go with it so I can just switch them out myself when I go off road and here in Pennsylvania it's a lot of mud and hill climbs. So if anyone has any feedback on the federal tires or any other brand that I could possibly get a tire wheel package and keep it under $1,200 I would appreciate it
I have ran the federal MT’s on a few vehicles great tire balance good and got between 45-50k out of a set. I personally recommend them.
Sponsored