Sting Gray Owners w/ aftermarket wheels please post pics

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
Just took delivery of my rig and deciding on wheels. Tried out a spare set of machined Method wheels and Pro Comp spare off my other rig to see how they look against SG. I think I'm going with a different look.

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG
Sponsored

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I got the stage four with the King shocks. I do like it, the ride is def stiffer but what I expected it to be. Install was straight forward. I had one issue with the right bump stop hitting the spring on compression. Had to trim a bit off it, of course to get to it, I had to take almost EVERYTHING off the right side again.

I did have a couple of parts left over after the install, ha ha. Don't think I needed them though. I keep meaning to call EVO so see what they are for, they look like shock relocation brackets, not sure though.
I appreciate taking the time to respond.

Did you get adjustable shocks? I'm not a fan of the king blue against the gray... How do you think it looks in person? How's that bad boy corner?

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
I appreciate taking the time to respond.

Did you get adjustable shocks? I'm not a fan of the king blue against the gray... How do you think it looks in person? How's that bad boy corner?
Non adjustable shocks. You can order the Kings with black, it would better for sure. I want to say it was a $600 upcharge and a 4 week lead on it though. Don't quote me there.

Handles just like a Jeep.

Reactions: JC7

Sponsored

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Non adjustable shocks. You can order the Kings with black, it would better for sure. I want to say it was a $600 upcharge and a 4 week lead on it though. Don't quote me there.

Handles just like a Jeep.
2k on shocks and it drives like a jeep... You're depressing me. Lol

Mike617

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Sahara JLU
I am not sure about the actual numbers but the ridge grapplers are heavy and mine are 35x13.5. I would guess that the wheel and tire together are at least 30-40lb heavier per wheel than stock. The auto transmission handles it well- no need to regear in my opinion.

Are you running the 3.6 or 2.0 turbo engine?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just picked up our ordered JL in Las Vegas last Monday, got home last night and put 295/70/17 Milestar Patagonia on ATX Ravine 17x8.5 +10 (and Mopar Sidesteps & 18% window tint).

100_4022.JPG

100_4023.JPG

100_4024.JPG

100_4025.JPG

100_4026.JPG

100_4028.JPG

100_4029.JPG

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
There are a lot of great wheels in there, but I am still having a hard time finding anything I like better than the Rubicon with black pockets or granite crystal sport wheels. I just don't think I want an all black wheel on mine.

simasel904

First Name
Chris T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubi on 35’s w 2” Mopar lift
Nice... did you go to Happy Trails 4x4?
yes... love those guys. Melvin put that actual bumper on my JK 10 years ago in his first location. Single garage in Springfield.

Reactions: JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
yes... love those guys. Melvin put that actual bumper on my JK 10 years ago in his first location. Single garage in Springfield.
That's awesome. I'm in Jax too. Saw the Jax beach and just assumed.

I haven't been there yet, they scheduled me for Feb 19th. If you have the hookup see if you can get me in earlier. lol

Nice looking build, though I'm sad there is another modded out StingGrey in town. haha
Sponsored