LED plug and play on Sport S...?

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just attempted to install Morimoto Super 7 LED lights on my 2018 Sport S. They did not work. Had all the adapters and anti flicker harnesses but when I plug them in Nothing. Any other guys with Sport or Sport S try and have success? Thanks
Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone that has LED's likes them, but if they were really honest with themselves, I'm sure they don't like them as much when they are oncoming, or tail gating you in a tall truck or jeep in the rain, and the stupid auto dim mirror only works when its dark. Glad I have Halogens and a standard mirror that dims more than the auto version, AND I can dim it when I want it dimmed and not only when its dark. If I had the choice of 2 identical vehicles.......except one had LED's. I wouldn't buy the LED equipped model. If you can't see far enough in the dark......slow down a bit.

I had a JL behind me at twilight on a clear morning..........LED fog lights on (not needed) and LED headlights. Its annoying. When approaching traffic, I turn off my non LED fog lights if they really aren't needed as I know they are likely in the face of cars that are much lower than my jeep.

Jeeps are up higher and makes it seem your lights are brighter to lower cars. I get flashed from others with my halogen low beams.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I have Quake LED- Plug and play, 30 minute install. Adjusted.them - no one has flashed me - if done right they’re as good or better than halogen, IMHO

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Everyone that has LED's likes them, but if they were really honest with themselves, I'm sure they don't like them as much when they are oncoming, or tail gating you in a tall truck or jeep in the rain, and the stupid auto dim mirror only works when its dark. Glad I have Halogens and a standard mirror that dims more than the auto version, AND I can dim it when I want it dimmed and not only when its dark. If I had the choice of 2 identical vehicles.......except one had LED's. I wouldn't buy the LED equipped model. If you can't see far enough in the dark......slow down a bit.

I had a JL behind me at twilight on a clear morning..........LED fog lights on (not needed) and LED headlights. Its annoying. When approaching traffic, I turn off my non LED fog lights if they really aren't needed as I know they are likely in the face of cars that are much lower than my jeep.

Jeeps are up higher and makes it seem your lights are brighter to lower cars. I get flashed from others with my halogen low beams.
Or you can aim the headlights and fog lights correctly to mitigate blinding oncoming traffic.

I upgraded my headlights and fog lights to LED, and it made a substantial difference both in beam pattern cutoff and beam pattern width. For reference, I was getting flashed left and right when I first bought my JL, because the (halogen) headlights were aimed too high from the factory.
Haven’t been flashed once since I adjusted them.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Just attempted to install Morimoto Super 7 LED lights on my 2018 Sport S. They did not work. Had all the adapters and anti flicker harnesses but when I plug them in Nothing. Any other guys with Sport or Sport S try and have success? Thanks
Doesn’t work for low beam or high beam? Do you have a shot of the wiring harness coming off the headlight?

When I installed a set of JW Speakers in my JLR I had to reference the wiring diagrams I found here on the forum and from JW Speaker and rewire the light connector to work properly.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Or you can aim the headlights and fog lights correctly to mitigate blinding oncoming traffic.

I upgraded my headlights and fog lights to LED, and it made a substantial difference both in beam pattern cutoff and beam pattern width. For reference, I was getting flashed left and right when I first bought my JL, because the (halogen) headlights were aimed too high from the factory.
Haven’t been flashed once since I adjusted them.
My experience exactly. Jeep is setting the beams too high from the factory on both the halogen and LED lights for some reason.

And, if a guy drops some Supernova V.4 or similar quality bulbs into their halogen housings they will become believers. Much more light, better beam pattern, and safer on rural roads.

I'm running the CrystaLux bulbs in my headlights and will switch to Supernova V.4 later down the road but I never get flashed by oncoming traffic, and the added light output is significant. Far more significant than the upgraded halogen bulbs on the market.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered led resistors and will play around this weekend to see what happens. My horn started sounding weaker right when one headlight went out. Fun ! :headbang:
Sponsored