Traction control issue.

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey group recently I was driving down the highway and my traction control light came on and a message in the evic saying service electronic stability system ( something to the effect). I tried pulling the codes with my flash call and it said “ to many codes to display contact your dealer” initially I had used the flash cal to adjust the tire size. The gearing had mulitpal options including stock. I have a Rubicon with the 4.10s so I selected that and set my tire height to 34.5 which my tires measure. I drove around for a week like this without issue. When the warning popped up it stayed on for about 50 miles with mulitpal key cycles between, then just went out. Since then it had come in and gone off 3-4 times. I tried setting the gear ratio back to stock and evened out the tires at 35. Drove it a few days no issue then today it came on again. Trying to figure out if I have a Jeep issue or a programming issue with my flas cal?
Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Hey group recently I was driving down the highway and my traction control light came on and a message in the evic saying service electronic stability system ( something to the effect). I tried pulling the codes with my flash call and it said “ to many codes to display contact your dealer” initially I had used the flash cal to adjust the tire size. The gearing had mulitpal options including stock. I have a Rubicon with the 4.10s so I selected that and set my tire height to 34.5 which my tires measure. I drove around for a week like this without issue. When the warning popped up it stayed on for about 50 miles with mulitpal key cycles between, then just went out. Since then it had come in and gone off 3-4 times. I tried setting the gear ratio back to stock and evened out the tires at 35. Drove it a few days no issue then today it came on again. Trying to figure out if I have a Jeep issue or a programming issue with my flas cal?
Any update on this?

OP
OP

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Any update on this?
sorry for the delay responding to this. My steering wheel was a hair off center post lift. not enough to bother me but enough to upset the jeep. Had it re centered and haven't had an issue since.

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
sorry for the delay responding to this. My steering wheel was a hair off center post lift. not enough to bother me but enough to upset the jeep. Had it re centered and haven't had an issue since.
My vacuum pump was messed up. They are replacing it at the dealership now.

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
Is there a way to determine which vacuum pump is causing this?
Picking up JLU from dealer in half hour- said of course they can’t get the error to comp up and all was checked. Blaming it on debris or something in the line that was temporary.
I’ve had it come and go since Jeep was bought new- 900 miles ago.
Just would be helpful to tell them where to look as it’s annoying and can’t believe it’s not a safety issue.
Sponsored