Sponsored

Baja Designs: Plug and Play - Jeep JL Fog Pocket Kits

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
The Squadron Pros pack a punch at 4,900 Lumens per unit and as a pair will provide at least 4-5x the usable light over factory. These offer a significant performance increase and are fantastic off-road or when used on dark roads without traffic
Over the factory LED headlights? Or LED fog lights? That's what I'm looking for clarity on. If these are 4-5x the LED headlights on high beam, great.
Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Removal of the entire bumper isn't necessary but would give you extra room to work. Email us if you'd like a copy of the install instructions. Happy to send them your way ([email protected])
I solved my issue without having to remove the entire bumper. For those that don't know, if you have a Rubicon with the plastic bumper, you have to order the Sahara kit from Baja because the Rubicon kits come with fog brackets meant for the Steel bumper, and the mounting brackets for the steel bumper and plastic bumper are not the same. The Sahara and Rubicon plastic bumpers share the same mounting points, so they use the same brackets.

@BajaDesigns Looks like the instructions you send with the Sahara kits actually picture the JL Sport bumper, which is very different from the Sahara/Rubicon plastic bumper on the backside. I found that I couldn't fully remove the plastic panels on the back side of the bumper until I removed the plastic skid plate first. Once I did that, I could access the back of the OEM fogs and get them out perfectly. You guys might want to consider making a separate kit/instructions for all the people with Rubicons + the plastic bumper to avoid any confusion.

46027585964_043a5271ce_c.jpg

39787177523_454f79a4bb_c.jpg

I'm extremely happy with these fogs (I bought the Squadron Sports). They're significantly brighter than the OEM LED fogs...bright enough to where you won't want to have them on with oncoming traffic. You could 100% drive with only these fog lights on at night and not need your headlights. I can't imagine what the Pros would look like.

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Over the factory LED headlights? Or LED fog lights? That's what I'm looking for clarity on. If these are 4-5x the LED headlights on high beam, great.

Sorry for the confusion. This is comparing to the fog lights, not the OEM headlights. I, unfortunately, haven't done a comparison against the LED headlights but the Squadrons will still be a big performance increase :)

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I solved my issue without having to remove the entire bumper. For those that don't know, if you have a Rubicon with the plastic bumper, you have to order the Sahara kit from Baja because the Rubicon kits come with fog brackets meant for the Steel bumper, and the mounting brackets for the steel bumper and plastic bumper are not the same. The Sahara and Rubicon plastic bumpers share the same mounting points, so they use the same brackets.

@BajaDesigns Looks like the instructions you send with the Sahara kits actually picture the JL Sport bumper, which is very different from the Sahara/Rubicon plastic bumper on the backside. I found that I couldn't fully remove the plastic panels on the back side of the bumper until I removed the plastic skid plate first. Once I did that, I could access the back of the OEM fogs and get them out perfectly. You guys might want to consider making a separate kit/instructions for all the people with Rubicons + the plastic bumper to avoid any confusion.

I'm extremely happy with these fogs (I bought the Squadron Sports). They're significantly brighter than the OEM LED fogs...bright enough to where you won't want to have them on with oncoming traffic. You could 100% drive with only these fog lights on at night and not need your headlights. I can't imagine what the Pros would look like.
Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate the heads up on our instructions and will work on clarifying for other customers.

Lights look great in your Jeep! Great to hear you're enjoying the setup

Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Baja Designs said:
Baja Designs said:
SAE Lighting - Update

Many people have heard information from myself and others at BD regarding SAE approved lighting. We are NOT releasing these until 2019 and can only share very few details until then. Expect more information in the New Year...

- Squadron Series housing
- Lights will be sold with or without Vehicle Specific Kits
- The goal is to have the pair of lights sell for under $300
- No information at this time on adapting SAE approved lens and optics to older Squadron Series Lights

Thanks for all of the interest. More details including an expected release date will be posted in the New Year :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

UPDATE

We are still aiming for a release in the first quarter of 2019. Our ETA at this time is towards the end of February or March.

The goal is to start pre-orders at the end of this month or in February. I'll post details as we get closer to starting pre-orders.

Thanks, Everyone!

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

February 7, 2019 | UPDATE

Unfortunately, we ran into a delay for these lights. There are a few details we are working out before these lights can be released to market. We are aiming to provide the best SAE approved lighting as soon as we can.

ETA: June, 2019

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
February 7, 2019 | UPDATE

Unfortunately, we ran into a delay for these lights. There are a few details we are working out before these lights can be released to market. We are aiming to provide the best SAE approved lighting as soon as we can.

ETA: June, 2019

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com
No LIKE, :no:

Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.

mrpnicolas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Will these mount to a XRC front bumper?

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Our Forum Discount is still active! Code: BDForums saves you 10% OFF MSRP + gives the option of $5 shipping to the Lower 48!

Order today at www.bajadesigns.com

46197121331_31a9bbd9db_o.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
@t4arghhh (IG) aerial shot of dual amber LP9 Pros and amber Squadron Sports.
Perfect combination of near-field, mid-field and distance.

www.bajadesigns.com

55498742_2461216477274692_3874265967932473344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38
I installed the fog pocket kit on my Rubicon with an LOD stubby bumper. I ordered the kit for the Sahara plastic bumper and installation was a breeze with provided hardware. Was really impressed with the quality of the lights. Very nice product.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Great looking jeep.

The squadron sports I have were purchased as amber, the kit on their site doesn't give you an option. Did you have to buy the amber covers separately?
Sponsored