Bob502000

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Spidertrax is the right answer. Only spacers I have ever run on my Jeeps. Don’t go to ebay or cheap out on spacers you will regret it. 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers

CFC2127E-B78E-4D10-92C7-203C32E851B7.jpeg

F57DC825-345E-4FF1-A6E8-BAA89DD8D98C.jpeg
That looks good as well
Sponsored

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I keep eyeing these as a solution for not buying new wheels like everyone else.

I don't know why, but I want them release black ones like they did for the JK so it matches better than the blue. Small and petty I know LOL

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
If you get a good quality oil based paint (preferably spray paint) or a good quality latex, both of which are made for aluminum, you can paint them but who knows how long it will last.
With the Synergy and Spidertrax, for all intent purposes, being identical and of same build quality and after talking with John @OffRoadWarehouse I went with the Synergy and saved about $100 in doing so. I know many people worship at the alter of Spidertrax but I can't justify paying $100 for a name. I'm sure someone will blast me for blasphemy with that statement :)

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
I had spidertrax on my JK, I went with Synergy this time around. They are both equal in quality, but the Synergy's cost less and I think the red looks a lot better on my JLUR:jk:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Do the rear wheel studs stick out further than the front? I noticed my spacers clear the front stock studs but do not in the rear. The studs extend a couple threads past the spacer.

I didn't think about it at the time, but now I am wondering if I recieved two different sized spacers...

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My spacers will be here Thursday so I don't know abbot the bolts sticking our. I doubt they are any longer, no need for the to be.
Measure your spacers, which ones did you get?

lEugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Hi Experts,
Just got my new Brand JL Rubicon 4 doors with already installed Lift 2". I'm just wandering what is the different between the 2" or 1.5" spacers? is it so important 1/2" less ? As well do you familiar with spacer brand "ROUGH TRAIL" ? is it safe product ?
Please advise .

Eugene

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Experts,
Just got my new Brand JL Rubicon 4 doors with already installed Lift 2". I'm just wandering what is the different between the 2" or 1.5" spacers? is it so important 1/2" less ? As well do you familiar with spacer brand "ROUGH TRAIL" ? is it safe product ?
Please advise .

Eugene
The physics of it is the more you go out, i.e, 1", 2", 3", etc... the more strain is created on the point where the wheel mounts to the spacer. That being said I wouldn't sweat .5"

We used to run the Synergy 1.75" spacer and never had problems with them. I would recommend spending the extra couple bucks and getting a name brand like Synergy or Spider Trax that are hub centric and preferably made in the USA.
It's rare for a spacer to give you a problem IF they are installed correctly but when they do give you a problem it ain't pretty.
Feel free to PM me for my cell number and I can give you some tips on proper install and torque/re-torque.

lEugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
The physics of it is the more you go out, i.e, 1", 2", 3", etc... the more strain is created on the point where the wheel mounts to the spacer. That being said I wouldn't sweat .5"

We used to run the Synergy 1.75" spacer and never had problems with them. I would recommend spending the extra couple bucks and getting a name brand like Synergy or Spider Trax that are hub centric and preferably made in the USA.
It's rare for a spacer to give you a problem IF they are installed correctly but when they do give you a problem it ain't pretty.
Feel free to PM me for my cell number and I can give you some tips on proper install and torque/re-torque.

Thanks a lot for response!

So I do understand it doesn't has effect for mechanical behavior if I'll Install 2" or 1.5" spacers , mainly is for visual effect.

The more important is spacer quality... . Am I get you Right ?

Eugene

Last edited:
OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, 1.5" vs. 2" is visual effect but personally I would not go beyond 2" because there is a strain that is created the further out you go.

Spacer quality is def a must because if that spacer lug system should fail you will be in a bad way. Proper install and torquing and periodic checking of the torque is important with spacers.

Sponsored

lEugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Yes, 1.5" vs. 2" is visual effect but personally I would not go beyond 2" because there is a strain that is created the further out you go.

Spacer quality is def a must because if that spacer lug system should fail you will be in a bad way. Proper install and torquing and periodic checking of the torque is important with spacers.
Thank you a lot!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I've had synergy (1.75'') on mine for about 6 months, lots of offroad, and no issues. I used blue loctite on the studs and the the torque specs are never off when I check.

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
I had trouble finding synergy or spidertrax locally so I went with the Teraflex 1.75" spacers and I have been happy with them so far.
Sponsored