Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
OP, I've owned every m/t tire out there, including the milestar patagonia tires. The patagonia tires are awesome. As mentioned, they are exceptionally quiet on the road.

Make sure to put some tire shine or gel on them...they seem to brown quickly.
This will usually expedite any browning of tires because the chemicals used in a lot of those products dry out the tire faster. Kinda like armorall on a interior. Looks good when you do it but overtime ruins it.

If you really want to keep it black I'd recommend a good rubber cleaner/rejuvinator. I've used adams and Mckees37 with good success.

To keep them black mckees sells a tire coating that will last 4 to 6 months on a vehicle on road. Not tried them offroad yet but will when I coat my tires in the spring when it warms up. Other companies have similar products but I've used the mckees and will get it again.

I detail a lot of cars and this is one area to really wow customers when you can make their old brown tires look brand new and stay that way for months without tire gel getting all over everything. Hopefully this will help people keep these looking good if they do brown easy.

Here are some examples on a couple I've done. Both these vehicles had tires that were close to needing replaced and almost 2 years old.
20170614_201100.jpg
20170903_191113.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
This will usually expedite any browning of tires because the chemicals used in a lot of those products dry out the tire faster. Kinda like armorall on a interior. Looks good when you do it but overtime ruins it.

If you really want to keep it black I'd recommend a good rubber cleaner/rejuvinator. I've used adams and Mckees37 with good success.

To keep them black mckees sells a tire coating that will last 4 to 6 months on a vehicle on road. Not tried them offroad yet but will when I coat my tires in the spring when it warms up. Other companies have similar products but I've used the mckees and will get it again.

I detail a lot of cars and this is one area to really wow customers when you can make their old brown tires look brand new and stay that way for months without tire gel getting all over everything. Hopefully this will help people keep these looking good if they do brown easy.

Here are some examples on a couple I've done. Both these vehicles had tires that were close to needing replaced and almost 2 years old.
20170614_201100.jpg
20170903_191113.jpg
Will this alone bee good? https://amzn.to/2CacLkQ or do you recommend the McKees?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I've got the Adam's stuff currently and it's pretty good but mckees was better for cleaning and rejuvenating rubber.

This is a great starter kit and will have everything to clean and then keep the tire looking new. You can also buy them seperate too.
https://www.autogeek.net/dp-tire-co...fdB1rWZwo5BbQMCy6NrSbfHr2IGAl0mYaAnEFEALw_wcB

If you get the kit follow the directions, it's easy but it's like paint coatings the prep is key to it looking good and lasting.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well I ordered a set yesterday in 315/70-17. DTD showed them in stock. A few hours later, I got a call. They said not only do they not have the tires, but they don't show that they are going to get another shipment of them, at least not for a long time. So they cancelled my order and removed the tire in that size from the website.

Sigh.........

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Well I ordered a set yesterday in 315/70-17. DTD showed them in stock. A few hours later, I got a call. They said not only do they not have the tires, but they don't show that they are going to get another shipment of them, at least not for a long time. So they cancelled my order and removed the tire in that size from the website.

Sigh.........
I had the same thing happen when I ordered them in 40x13.50r17.

Do you have a local Discount Tire or America's Tire? If so, they will most likely be able to get them for you.

DTD only receives large shipments. They do not order a handful of tires, or a specific customer order, from the tire manufacturers.

A local store may be able to get them from a Discount Tire warehouse or directly from the manufacturer. My local store got the 40s for me. There were a couple at one of their warehouses and got the rest directly from Milestar.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
I had the same thing happen when I ordered them in 40x13.50r17.

Do you have a local Discount Tire or America's Tire? If so, they will most likely be able to get them for you.

DTD only receives large shipments. They do not order a handful of tires, or a specific customer order, from the tire manufacturers.

A local store may be able to get them from a Discount Tire warehouse or directly from the manufacturer. My local store got the 40s for me. There were a couple at one of their warehouses and got the rest directly from Milestar.
Nearest Discount Tire store to me is in Louisville which is about an hour away. I may give them a call just to see what they say.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Nearest Discount Tire store to me is in Louisville which is about an hour away. I may give them a call just to see what they say.
I believe you can also get them through Walmart.com.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
So I contacted my local Discount Tire store. They said they can have me a set in a week. So I put down a deposit and I'm waiting for their call. We'll see....

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
So I contacted my local Discount Tire store. They said they can have me a set in a week. So I put down a deposit and I'm waiting for their call. We'll see....
That is great to hear. I'm sure you will love them. I just removed my JLUR rock rails yesterday because the tires would rub on them at full lock. Now there is plenty of clearance.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
They're installing the Milestars right now. I'm nervous that they'll never get them balanced as smooth as the BFGs were. The KO2s were as smooth as glass at any speed. We'll find out today! If the Milestars roll smooth I'll be as happy as a fox in a henhouse.

20190122_085444.jpg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
They're installing the Milestars right now. I'm nervous that they'll never get them balanced as smooth as the BFGs were. The KO2s were as smooth as glass at any speed. We'll find out today! If the Milestars roll smooth I'll be as happy as a fox in a henhouse.

20190122_085444.jpg
The two sets I have had balanced without issue. The 38s took a decent amount of weight but stayed balanced. The 40s only took 4-4.5 OZ each which is great for that big of a tire.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Well I'm happy to report that they roll smooth as silk down the highway! Equally as smooth as the KO2. Equally as quiet too! Amazing for such an aggressive tire. Only rubbing I have on the road is at the air dam below the fog lights. Will likely have to do some trimming before hitting the trails.

10.5" tread width
12" tire width
34.13" height

20190122_131903.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice, very nice!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Well I'm happy to report that they roll smooth as silk down the highway! Equally as smooth as the KO2. Equally as quiet too! Amazing for such an aggressive tire. Only rubbing I have on the road is at the air dam below the fog lights. Will likely have to do some trimming before hitting the trails.

10.5" tread width
12" tire width
34.13" height

20190122_131903.jpg
These tires are a pleasant surprise. They are more of a hybrid MT/AT. They are the only hybrid I know of that come in a 38 and 40. Milestar really hit a homerun with the design and sizing.
Sponsored