Sponsored

HOT TAKE: Posts with pics of jeeps w/o a listing of mods should be deleted.

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
And the poster banned for 43,638 days.

Or something. I'm a Rubicon owner and FAR too busy to google image search your mods.

Do it.
Sponsored

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What if we post mods in the signature section>

OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You sir, are a fine chap! You'll probably go to heaven.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Well my plan was to not post mods with my photos or my signature so that people like you would have to ask me, we would carry on a conversation engaging each other in Jeep talk, thus forming a potential pen pal type friendship.

I don’t have many mods to post just yet (only a few) but that was my plan. Muhahahahaha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ravager

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This too is acceptable. So says me and my imaginary kingdom.

Sponsored

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I propose a physical wall or steel slat barrier between canadian jeep pics and their mods lists. We need to stop the half dozen or so undocumented jeep posts and pictures from crossing the border illegally via this forum. ...the Donald will pay for the wall.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I propose a physical wall or steel slat barrier between canadian jeep pics and their mods lists. We need to stop the half dozen or so undocumented jeep posts and pictures from crossing the border illegally via this forum. ...the Donald will pay for the wall.
Fca better pay for the wall since they build so many trucks in Mexico! #buildthefirewall

Canadian jeeps are just cold north Mexico jeeps

Brett

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
What’s with all the “hot take” threads?

YOH KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

:cwl:

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
And the poster banned for 43,638 days.

Or something. I'm a Rubicon owner and FAR too busy to google image search your mods.

Do it.
Joe...I think I get the sentiments here. Your deliberate over the top punishment of mod posters lacking product reference is simply you saying, if I may, "if you could take the 2 minutes to post, could you take the extra 15 seconds to add links?"

And I agree it would be nice. But our schedules can't dictate other people's choices, and you can always ask.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Would someone care to explain what this thread is all about ?
The OP has expressed, even if in a roundabout way, his desire, one I support but not demand, (I don't think the OP demands either--it was just him being tongue-in-cheek) that the people showing their rig's modifications cite, at the same time, the source for the purchases they've installed.

That's reasonable, right? After all, bringing your work in pictures to the board shouldn't be only about "spreading your wings," even though we are all entitled to a little of that. It should be no less about helping others secure, or at least investigate some of the very product they took a liking to in your build.

Fair?

Speaking only for myself here, it can be enormously frustrated to look at mods that cause you to say to yourself, "wow, I've just got to do something like that," and be stuck on where to begin finding the answer. It's like needing assistance on something that matters to you in a foreign land, unable to communicate your sentiments to the locals.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
The OP has expressed, even if in a roundabout way, his desire, one I support but not demand, (I don't think the OP demands either--it was just him being tongue-in-cheek) that the people showing their rig's modifications cite, at the same time, the source for the purchases they've installed.

That's reasonable, right? After all, bringing your work in pictures to the board shouldn't be only about "spreading your wings," even though we are all entitled to a little of that. It should be no less about helping others secure, or at least investigate some of the very product they took a liking to in your build.

Fair?

Speaking only for myself here, it can be enormously frustrated to look at mods that cause you to say to yourself, "wow, I've just got to do something like that," and be stuck on where to begin finding the answer. It's like needing assistance on something that matters to you in a foreign land, unable to communicate your sentiments to the locals.
Well...you could do it like that, yes...OR...if you see a mod that you like but with little or no info, why not just PM the person or make a public comment in the thread you see it in so that person is notified? I can't tell you how many times I've obliged someone who has asked and just provided them a link to what I've done ----> https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/w5mqs-granite-jlur-build.7003/ I think most people in this forum are proud of their mods and would freely be willing to tell someone all about them if they asked. I know I do that.
Sponsored