DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here is a pic. Now how do I figure out which wire is aux 1, aux 2, etc?
PkapSK5.jpg
Sponsored

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
Ok, I've now found them, I think. They were tucked and taped up in there. Were yours labeled like that? Mine are wrapped up in tape, if I have the right wires. Are those labels buried under the tape?
Yes my wires were wired like that. Not sure if they are buried under the tape. My rubicon didn’t come with them when I bought it. I had the dealer install when I purchased the jeep. My lights I hooked up I didn’t use any relay or fuses because you have them up on the fire wall up by the wiper crowl

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I did the other night using the rough country kit

“I just installed tonight and can take a pic tomorrow. All I did was cut all the wires from the relay. I plugged the light harness into the lights and then took the two red wires from the lights and and put them together with the Aux wire. Then I took the black wires from the lights and did the same thing by putting them together and found a ground and that’s it. So all I used was the two plugs that go to the lights”
Im trying to install a rough country kit myself, and im not understanding how you connected the wire harness up?? Could you post a picture of how you wired it??

Sponsored

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is the harness that comes with the rough country 30 inch light bar, So I should splice just before the main cube? so the line never reaches the amplifier or fuse or built in switch??

IMG_7544.jpg

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
This is the harness that comes with the rough country 30 inch light bar, So I should splice just before the main cube? so the line never reaches the amplifier or fuse or built in switch??

IMG_7544.jpg
If you post a pic of the entire harness and where it connectS to the lights I can tell you where to cut it. Most of that stuff on the harness gets cut off.

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you post a pic of the entire harness and where it connects to the lights I can tell you where to cut it. Most of that stuff on the harness gets cut off.
So the rough country lighting harness comes with this diagram if this helps. now the connection between the relay and the light bar is about 6 feet.

IMG_7542.jpg

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
You do not need the fuse, relay and switch. Keep all of the 6 foot black and red wire from your light. Those get attached directly to your AUX wiring bundle under the hood and next to the battery. Red to an AUX wire and black attached to the ground nut next to the battery. Factory AUX switches already have a built in fuse.

Sponsored

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You do not need the fuse, relay and switch. Keep all of the 6 foot black and red wire from your light. Those get attached directly to your AUX wiring bundle under the hood and next to the battery. Red to an AUX wire and black attached to the ground nut next to the battery. Factory AUX switches already have a built in fuse.
Thanks!

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
So this thread and the other thread on wiring the auxiliary switches (for figuring out which wire goes to which Aux switch) were a huge help. I wired up my 20” Rough Country single row light bar this weekend. It mounted easily on the factory steel bumper. I just had to remove a couple of the bolts holding the winch plate and the related “clip nuts” so that the RC-provided bolts could be used in those holes. That thing is super bright!

ECB4292A-561E-498B-98E3-B35F95792480.jpeg

4CAAA296-2E31-4100-AB58-1C4F90F5C9BD.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: