2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
Anyone following this forum is waiting to order a Gladiator? I know there are other threads, I’m just curious.
Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
If I remove the rear seat from a 2 door Rubi, is there a full coverage rubber matt available? Perhaps from a different style/model Jeep vehicle?
Thanks,

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
If I remove the rear seat from a 2 door Rubi, is there a full coverage rubber matt available? Perhaps from a different style/model Jeep vehicle?
Thanks,
Weather tech has one that covers floor. It is good other than they designed it to “cup” up on rear gate which is ok when door closed. However when loading stuff you have an exposed inch of carpet and the raised edge catches on stuff being loaded. It only covers floor so it’s only partial protection from rain on carpet

Otherwise it does a good job, I have been hauling bricks and rock and it did well

Sponsored

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Weather tech has one that covers floor. It is good other than they designed it to “cup” up on rear gate which is ok when door closed. However when loading stuff you have an exposed inch of carpet and the raised edge catches on stuff being loaded. It only covers floor so it’s only partial protection from rain on carpet

Otherwise it does a good job, I have been hauling bricks and rock and it did well
Thanks. I do believe somewhere someone mentioned a Jeep (not wrangler) matt also ….

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I have an eye on the Gladiator pick up, got my two door Rubicon with the intention of possibly getting the four door pick up truck also. happy about the fact that they announced the 3.6 ESS would make a reappearance with no mention of BSG. So my 2020 gladiator would have same powertrain as my 19 JL 2 door. they have a cool Gator color coming it would be perfect for towing my Mojito. LOL

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone following this forum is waiting to order a Gladiator? I know there are other threads, I’m just curious.
No, really love my 2 door JLR, now if they ever made the gladiator in a 2 door version a might intertain the thought of it.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Nope.

Loving my little 2 door. No need for the truck.
Besides, the 2dr is just a very small truck as it is. :) (as long as you remove the back seat)

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Besides, the 2dr is just a very small truck as it is. :) (as long as you remove the back seat)
Yes it is, my JLR has over 8,00O miles and my back seat only has 15 miles on it.

I picked her up at the dealer with12 miles on the odometer and I live just 3 miles from the dealer. First “mod” I did was remove the seat and put it in storage ;)

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is, my JLR has over 8,00O miles and my back seat only has 15 miles on it.

I picked her up at the dealer with12 miles on the odometer and I live just 3 miles from the dealer. First “mod” I did was remove the seat and put it in storage ;)
Mine has been in and out three times now. I think it's gonna stay out until some REAL need for it comes along. I have it stored in one of those famous Xmas tree bags. I've already managed to put a small hole in it and the zipper came off. I might have to splurge for a new one. The expenses just keep piling up. :)

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Funny, I just pulled the back seat up from the basement and when I went to put it back in I figured out what that weird "extra" plastic piece was in the trunk when I picked it up from the dealer.

20190113_104131.jpg

Seems the "extra" bit of plastic was a cover to the side of the back seat. Never would have noticed except the guys think the back seat may come in handy at KOH. I've been designated the "recovery vehicle."

20190113_090838.jpg

Even Loki was curious what this thing was. I really think the back seat is best taken out. So much more storage in the Jeep without it.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Mine has been in and out three times now. I think it's gonna stay out until some REAL need for it comes along. I have it stored in one of those famous Xmas tree bags. I've already managed to put a small hole in it and the zipper came off. I might have to splurge for a new one. The expenses just keep piling up. :)
Same here. I took the seat out and put it back in a few times just to get the hang of it; then just left it out.
Now it loves it's new tent...
20181230_112727.jpg

20181230_112845.jpg

20181230_113145.jpg
Sponsored