First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Hey guys while I was away for the Holidays I dropped my JLUR off at Northridge4x4 in Denver for them to install my Dana 5.13's and diff covers and my old Military buddy Chris is the GM there so he kindly drove my Jeep around and put the break in miles on it for me since I'm leaving in a week for month long Adventure with @Kevin8086 and didn't want to chance the break in time myself nor did I want to do it! I don't like doing gears personally. I picked it up today and I'm very happy. cruising around town little bit more peppy and on the highway at 80mph in 8th gear its sitting at 2500 rpms and at 75 its just under 2100 rpms. very happy with the gear choice and the work done by @Northridge4x4 !!!

38" Milestar Patagonia M/T's
Dana 5.13 gears
Sponsored

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
Hey guys while I was away for the Holidays I dropped my JLUR off at Northridge4x4 in Denver for them to install my Dana 5.13's and diff covers and my old Military buddy Chris is the GM there so he kindly drove my Jeep around and put the break in miles on it for me since I'm leaving in a week for month long Adventure with @Kevin8086 and didn't want to chance the break in time myself nor did I want to do it! I don't like doing gears personally. I picked it up today and I'm very happy. cruising around town little bit more peppy and on the highway at 80mph in 8th gear its sitting at 2500 rpms and at 75 its just under 2100 rpms. very happy with the gear choice and the work done by @Northridge4x4 !!!

Dana 5.13 gears
That's awesome man! I have been watching all of Kevins videos over the past week, trying to decide what to put on the new JLU I just ordered. I've had 37's on my JK for years, and now I'm so tempted to jump to 40's... You like the Patagonia's too though, huh?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Those results are much better than mine on the highway. At 70 I’m at 2500 rpms with the 6 speed, 37s and 5.13s

Love the power and how it drives though. Mixed mileage is floating around 15-16.

Brett

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Those results are much better than mine on the highway. At 70 I’m at 2500 rpms with the 6 speed, 37s and 5.13s

Love the power and how it drives though. Mixed mileage is floating around 15-16.

Brett
8AT 0.67
6MT 0.72

The 8AT has a slightly taller final gear. Plus larger diameter tires will usually reduce rpm at highway speeds providing it doesn’t have to downshift.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8AT 0.67
6MT 0.72

The 8AT has a slightly taller final gear. Plus larger diameter tires will usually reduce rpm at highway speeds providing it doesn’t have to downshift.
That’s true but we’re talking 10 mph difference. That’s substantial. I’d daily drive this if I could get 75 at 2100. I haven’t tried 80 yet but the mileage would be terrible I bet

Brett

OP
OP
5280Sapper

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
That's awesome man! I have been watching all of Kevins videos over the past week, trying to decide what to put on the new JLU I just ordered. I've had 37's on my JK for years, and now I'm so tempted to jump to 40's... You like the Patagonia's too though, huh?

Yeah Kevin and I got them at the same time! I've got about 15k on mine and no issues can't complain and will likely get them again.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Dana 5.13 gears

Thanks for the kind words @5280Sapper, We're very happy to have Chris on our team, he does a great job at keeping the Denver, CO shop going!

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
@JC7 - For price quotes it's always best to PM us or give us a ring. Ask for Maxx or Eric, tell them that you're from the JLWranglerForums and that I sent you.

:like:

Sponsored

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase
@JC7 - For price quotes it's always best to PM us or give us a ring. Ask for Maxx or Eric, tell them that you're from the JLWranglerForums and that I sent you.

:like:
I order some 5:13 gears and install kits from northridge4x4 a few weeks ago and getting ready to install them this weekend. I was just wondering if you knew why the master install kits don’t include the pinion shims? They are in neither box front or rear. Side note northride4x4 hands down the best place I have ever dealt with. Thanks guys.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I order some 5:13 gears and install kits from northridge4x4 a few weeks ago and getting ready to install them this weekend. I was just wondering if you knew why the master install kits don’t include the pinion shims? They are in neither box front or rear. Side note northride4x4 hands down the best place I have ever dealt with. Thanks guys.
Ours included a set of shims. That’s unusual you didn’t have them. Ours were in the master install kit. I wish they had a minor install kit of something else. On an axle with a couple hundred miles there’s no need to replace all the bearings

Brett

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase
Ours included a set of shims. That’s unusual you didn’t have them. Ours were in the master install kit. I wish they had a minor install kit of something else. On an axle with a couple hundred miles there’s no need to replace all the bearings

Brett
Copy. I had 2600 miles on mine. We didn’t even use the install kits. The front was money. The rear we did use the carrier shims out of the kit and the one bearing that we pulled to get the ring gear off. Really impressed how well everything went together.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Both of mine included the shims, as well. There should be 3 different sized shims in the Master Kits.

I had run into an issue with my Rear kit where it included 2 pinion bearings and was missing the smaller carrier bearing. I just called East Coast Gear Supply and they shipped me a bearing overnight. I'm sure Northridge would break into another Master Kit for you and get the shims shipped. I called DANA themselves since I bought the Spicer kits and let them know about the mistake. They were grateful for the information and took down the lot number. If you ordered Spicer kits, please call DANA and let them know about the missing parts. Hope all goes well with the swap.
Sponsored