Sky one roof - removing side windows?

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Sky one roof. Looking for information from someone who has it already. I had it with my 09 Liberty. It sold me the car. Just ordered a 2019 because of the roof. They make it seem easy to take out the side windows, is it?
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Sky one roof. Looking for information from someone who has it already. I had it with my 09 Liberty. It sold me the car. Just ordered a 2019 because of the roof. They make it seem easy to take out the side windows, is it?
I don't own one Paul. I'm just checking if this is a video you've seen.

I'm all but certain the demonstrator in the video was not removing the window for the first time, but it didn't seem hard.

I also can't speak to the ease with which it reconnects.

In absence of any criticism on the bboard, I'd be inclined to take that as a good sign.

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra

Super easy. 10 seconds max. e.g Much easier than removing the front driver or passenger roof panels from a regular hard top. I don't love the look of the doors off/windows out /rear window in with Sky One Touch .... but they did a nice job with the simplicity of side windows.
IMG_7951.jpg

Sponsored

FedeF

First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio
The roof opens and closes in a matter of second and it can be as you drive, priceless!!!
The two back side panels can be removed in just second as well. Very easy and a great compromise between full hrs too and soft top!

cypherflow

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & Evolve e-skateboard
Occupation
Super Computer Nerd
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
So torn with this. Love the simplicity but hate the way the framing is when everything’s off and open.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So torn with this. Love the simplicity but hate the way the framing is when everything’s off and open.
Visually speaking I tend to agree, especially with the doors off.

But you have to admit;) once those side windows are out, they make a weapon that "Odd Job" would love:

dima24

First Name
Dima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BearJewJonny I think it just comes down to how often and whether you will be taking the roof and doors off. I love the way the normal Jeep looks with everything removed, but practically speaking I just didn't think I would be doing it that frequently, so the convenience of being able to open the one-touch is really awesome. I use it all the time here in SoCal and not having to worry about removing panels, storing them, etc. is a huge plus. Having said that, if you have a convenient way of removing and storing the top, then maybe you don't need or want the one-touch. Good luck!

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Super easy. 10 seconds max. e.g Much easier than removing the front driver or passenger roof panels from a regular hard top. I don't love the look of the doors off/windows out /rear window in with Sky One Touch .... but they did a nice job with the simplicity of side windows.
IMG_7951.jpg
Yeah, that looks hideous.

BUTTTTTT the functionality on the other hand sounds awesome! I don't really take my doors off, and I have other Jeeps in which I do.... so it's tempting for me. I think if I found one on the lot with everything else, I'd take either option -- body hard top (colored w/ fenders body color) or the sky top w/ body color fenders.

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
BD2ED68A-8B0B-4EE7-A7BB-DF4599F120A1.jpeg
So I had zero interest in the one touch. Due to the price I didn’t want to think about it.

Over the holidays I’m back at my home town Jeep dealer while visiting family and my perfect JL is on their lot. Every option I want plus “One Touch”.

The Jeep is getting delivered next week, so I don’t have experience with the top yet. But I’m looking forward to convenience and instant fun factor for my wife and me.

OP
OP
Mrcake3014

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
BD2ED68A-8B0B-4EE7-A7BB-DF4599F120A1.jpeg
So I had zero interest in the one touch. Due to the price I didn’t want to think about it.

Over the holidays I’m back at my home town Jeep dealer while visiting family and my perfect JL is on their lot. Every option I want plus “One Touch”.

The Jeep is getting delivered next week, so I don’t have experience with the top yet. But I’m looking forward to convenience and instant fun factor for my wife and me.
Inspected mind today for a pick up tomorrow. Loved the roof. Wish it was warmer. Makes the Jeep.

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
Yeah, that looks hideous.

BUTTTTTT the functionality on the other hand sounds awesome! I don't really take my doors off, and I have other Jeeps in which I do.... so it's tempting for me. I think if I found one on the lot with everything else, I'd take either option -- body hard top (colored w/ fenders body color) or the sky top w/ body color fenders.
My family stole the Sky One Touch Wrangler from me.... disappeared 150 miles away to my daughter's college .... so I declared a Jeep emergency a bought a second one. Stayed traditional this time with hard/soft combo. Love having both. Simplicity of Sky One Touch is great for a daily driver and in Midwest weather that isn't very consistent.
IMG_1735.jpg
Sponsored