crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Finally an affordable set! Thanks for the heads up :like:
Picked these up for $100 each, $30 shipping. @Motobilt Installed yesterday. They are really heavy duty! Should nicely compensate for my driving ability ;)
Sanded with metal sandpaper, coarse, then fine. Two coats primer, two coats red, two coats clearcoat.

IMG_6988.JPG
IMG_6987.JPG
IMG_6989.JPG
Sponsored

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Those look awesome and don't forget a lifetime warranty too!
The front and rear covers are different.

JLUR Wolff

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU RUBICON
Picked these up for $100 each, $30 shipping. @Motobilt Installed yesterday. They are really heavy duty! Should nicely compensate for my driving ability ;)
Sanded with metal sandpaper, coarse, then fine. Two coats primer, two coats red, two coats clearcoat.

IMG_6988.JPG
IMG_6987.JPG
IMG_6989.JPG
Any clearance issues with stock front track bar offroading?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah, I've got those two--now about 3 months old-
SUNP0204_zpsrbicktt0.jpg

No interference with TRACK BAR/TIEROD-just very HEAVY DUTY-

W.E.

JIMBO

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Any clearance issues with stock front track bar offroading?
Nope, none at all. I’ve come down hard on these diff covers a few times, so very glad I put them on.

Sponsored

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
My stock diff cover pealed back on my 16 JKUR while on the trail and it was a pain to keep adding fluid during the three day excursion. A rear reinforced diff cover is a must add. It’s the lowest pint on your JEEP and the spot most likely to take a hit while wheeling. I upgraded to an ARB cover on the JK and will do the same as soon as they become available for the JL. Beyond looking cool the ARB has a great dipstick feature that allowed you to check fluid level and quality without pulling the cover or draining. They are worth the money.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
All of these are just for show. If you really want to protect your JL front axle, the only product currently on the market that addresses a REAL issue, is the rancho glide plate. Some genius at Dana decided it was a great idea to put the drain bolt on the bottom of the axle, which is easily hit and comes undone, which will dump all your fluid out without you knowing, and you'll end up frying all the bearings inside. No, it's not the best looking product, but it's the only one that works and is necessary. No diff cover is going to help address this REAL issue.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
How many people have had this REAL issue you speak of? I can think of a couple and no doubt that wasnt the best location but you make it seem like your on borrowed time unless you running a Rancho skid plate. Maybe it will be a major issue but I've not heard of too many having issues yet.

Function aside tho that skid plate is big and fugly as shit imo lol.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It's the lowest point of the pumpkin, and it WILL hit a rock if you catch the diff. you will hit it, no two ways about it. It's in a terrible spot and it will cause a problem if you actually wheel. You're free to spend money on whatever diff cover you want, but you're not solving the only actual issue the front diff has, which is the drain bolt. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM covers.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Well I actually wheeled it and it didn't break! My biggest issue is that skinny little cross member is too easy to damage and will be getting a skid plate. Actually the only thing I got video of

No doubt it's in a poor spot but I just dont think it's been a common problem at least not in my circle of friends wheeling for the last 8 years or so. I drug my jeep over a lot of crap its first time out only being stock. I already banged up that skinny little cross member and drug the control arm mounts and sliders on multiple obstacles because I just didnt have the clearance on 33s for the trails I was doing to do them without dragging stuff.

Maybe I'm the exception but the front pumpkin has never been a common place for me to drag. The rear for sure, I peeled the cover on my 15 jkr the first time I had it out because the jeep shifted on a ledge going up. But I've yet to drag my front at least that I recall and I'll prob run something there if I hit it but I'd like something a little less bulky than the Ranch skid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Is the Motobilt Dana 44 that "For Rubicon Only" good to go for a Sport with the Dana 44 rear end?

DrBasham

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Urologist
So back to a more general question... just diff cover or diff skid for best combination of protection versus loss of clearance, etc. Thanks
Sponsored