Sponsored

8 weeks and counting in KZ (Finally Delivered)

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
I had my window sticker on 12/16 and had emailed and chatted with customer service a few times since and they just kept telling me status was KZS but no eta. Finally asked Jeep dealer who is friend to call his rep and see what was going on. Just called me and rep told him Wrangler had been loaded on train even though we are only 315 miles to Toledo and unloaded at Belvidere Illinois plant which is only 50 miles away. He said he got message was loaded on truck at 1 today and would probably see it Wed. My guess is they cannot get enough truck transport out of Toledo so are using more rail. Have had 3 other JK's that I ordered and they all came by truck from Toledo plant. Rep did not know what KZS status was either.

OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it may have been loaded on a train. Don't have detailed tracking yet but dealer has an ETA to Pearland Railyard of 13-Jan and a few days at least after that to truck it across Houston.

So on track for 10wks to transport a Jeep. That $1500 destination fee must be paying for parking space not Trains and Trucks.

callerys

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1984 CJ7
How are you getting the detailed transport information? Is the dealer providing this? I get nothing from Jeep chat.

OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How are you getting the detailed transport information? Is the dealer providing this? I get nothing from Jeep chat.
I got into the RAM forum tracking service before they closed it. However it hasn't been updated since 3-Jan right now. Jeep chat and Jeep Customer Care (Jeep Chat had opened a case) told me today that it is in delivery status and that they can't see anything about eta or anything and to talk to my Dealer. Texted my Salesman and he gave me the 13-Jan ETA.

A Dealer can look up and get more detailed info than Jeep chat has/will give. I am pretty sure my salesman would have been tired of me asking about it for 4 months (~2mo to build ~2mo to ship).

Sponsored

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
I’m going to speculate that KZS has something to do with the dealer’s ability to floorplan (finance) inventory. My original order (which I walked away from and reordered from another dealer) sat in KZS until that dealer sold another unit out of their inventory. Meanwhile, the other dealer in my area that I reordered from had units ordered after mine pass right by mine and get delivered while mine sat there in KZS.

My original dealer refused to clone my first order when it got stuck for 30 days for fear they would end up with an extra unit in inventory. I lost patience with them after 3 weeks in KZS, asked for my deposit back and reordered from another, larger dealer in my area.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The dealers have access to a tracking system called Rubicon VLS (tracks more than Rubicons). Tells them the exact date/time it gets loaded on a truck or rail car at the factory, the latest date/time the rail car passed through an RFID reader, an estimated date/time of hitting a transfer point or rail drop. It tracks rail, trucks and ships.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
well boys and girls, my rubicon jl that I ordered 11-19 is in Texarkana. Not much farther till it hits Houston!!

OP
OP
StammesOpfer

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine showed up at the Dealer. I get to pick it up tomorrow. Official time 4 months and 4 day from Order date, 2 months and 5 days for delivery. But it is finally here. Hopefully everything goes smooth tomorrow.

Sponsored

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
My jl I ordered 11-19 is ready for pickup today. Woo hoo

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine showed up at the Dealer. I get to pick it up tomorrow. Official time 4 months and 4 day from Order date, 2 months and 5 days for delivery. But it is finally here. Hopefully everything goes smooth tomorrow.
Maybe they thought your location was San Anchorage, Alaska and they sent it all the way up there and it took a while to figure it out and sent it back south.
Sponsored