w.wood

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
This short video shows how AP Kill is supposed to work:

I have AP Kill enabled as per the instructions and have version 11.0.6. We have a very new JL Rubicon Unlimited purchased a few weeks ago. It has no modifications to the computer system.

My Tazer JL does not work like the video, I do not see the message "Auto Park Disabled" or "Auto Park Not Engaged".

AP Kill does not work at all unless I connect the driver's side seat belt. It sort of works if I connect the driver's seat belt but an error message appears saying Vehicle is not in Park.

I would like my Tazer to work properly like the video as Joe@zauto said it should work. I do not want to have to connect my seat belt or see the erroneous message. The AP Kill feature was very important to me in buying the Tazer JL.

I would like to know when this issue will be resolved for those of us who are having the problem.
Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
This short video shows how AP Kill is supposed to work:

I have AP Kill enabled as per the instructions and have version 11.0.6. We have a very new JL Rubicon Unlimited purchased a few weeks ago. It has no modifications to the computer system.

My Tazer JL does not work like the video, I do not see the message "Auto Park Disabled" or "Auto Park Not Engaged".

AP Kill does not work at all unless I connect the driver's side seat belt. It sort of works if I connect the driver's seat belt but an error message appears saying Vehicle is not in Park.

I would like my Tazer to work properly like the video as Joe@zauto said it should work. I do not want to have to connect my seat belt or see the erroneous message. The AP Kill feature was very important to me in buying the Tazer JL.

I would like to know when this issue will be resolved for those of us who are having the problem.

I updated my Jeep today, flashed the PCM, TCM and cluster with the latest updates (cruise control recall basically) but autoPark disable still works.

I do have more info on how it functions though, and will work tomorrow to implement another method. When I think it have something to try, I’ll post here for anyone that would like to try it out.

w.wood

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any solution to this issue yet. Auto Park still does not work in our JL as I described above.
Sometimes when we back out of our garage into the street and then attempt to shift into drive the f*&**ing Auto Park is engaged and we cannot move the Jeep.
This freaks my wife out. We have to open and close the driver's side door, shift into Park then Drive, meantime if she gets rattled she could get hit by another car and injured since she is sitting in the middle of the street.
This asinine Auto Park is dangerous. The problem happens because sometimes by accident the driver's side door is not fully closed. It looks and sounds closed but it is not quite fully closed. We have to open the door and slam it closed harder then shift into Park then Drive. We need this Auto Park Disable feature to actually work, that is the main reason we bought the Tazer.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any solution to this issue yet. Auto Park still does not work in our JL as I described above.
Sometimes when we back out of our garage into the street and then attempt to shift into drive the f*&**ing Auto Park is engaged and we cannot move the Jeep.
This freaks my wife out. We have to open and close the driver's side door, shift into Park then Drive, meantime if she gets rattled she could get hit by another car and injured since she is sitting in the middle of the street.
This asinine Auto Park is dangerous. The problem happens because sometimes by accident the driver's side door is not fully closed. It looks and sounds closed but it is not quite fully closed. We have to open the door and slam it closed harder then shift into Park then Drive. We need this Auto Park Disable feature to actually work, that is the main reason we bought the Tazer.
So you basically want to drive off without your seat belt and the door half open. Hmmm, maybe autopark was made just for you. Sorry to be a smart azz, but seat belts save lives and I have no use for people that don't wear them. Even if your just moving vehicles around your driveway you said "she could get hit by another car and injured since she is sitting in the middle of the street" then even more reason to have it on. And if your door is not shut you should have a light and an chime I believe - unless you disabled that too. Reminds me of cranes toppling over when the operator is ignoring the lights and warnings buzzers.

w.wood

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you basically want to drive off without your seat belt and the door half open. Hmmm, maybe autopark was made just for you. Sorry to be a smart azz, but seat belts save lives and I have no use for people that don't wear them. Even if your just moving vehicles around your driveway you said "she could get hit by another car and injured since she is sitting in the middle of the street" then even more reason to have it on. And if your door is not shut you should have a light and an chime I believe - unless you disabled that too. Reminds me of cranes toppling over when the operator is ignoring the lights and warnings buzzers.
Why don't you try reading the whole thread carefully instead of lecturing me about safety, then perhaps you might understand what I said. Our Tazer does not work like Joe (the manufacturer of the Tazer) said it should work. We do not get the correct messages on screen, and we have to plug in the driver's side seatbelt before it works at all. In fact, the Tazer does not give us anything since the Jeep does not go into Autopark without the Tazer if we close the door completely. Joe specifically said in his posts above that we should get an Autopark Disabled or an Autopark not Engaged message. We do not get either of those messages, in fact we get a bogus error message that says - Vehicle not in Park. And, in fact, the Jeep always goes into Autopark if the door is open or the seat belt in not engaged. I move the Jeep around a lot for short distances at super slow speeds on our property, at the gun range, when trailering our Rzr and for other reasons. The Autopark feature is a massive pain in the butt and dangerous. I don't want to fasten the seatbelt or close the door, I want Autopark disabled permanently, totally. And we are entitled to have the feature work as advertised by Tazer which it does not in its current state.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@w.wood

I hear you and understand your thought process on this.

Will tell you not to hold your breath while waiting for Joe to get disable auto park working on all JL's..... as I don't think you/we will see this anytime soon. Were Joe able to address this issue it would have been done already.

IF you have a hard on over it not working you might want to contact Joe and ask for a full refund. I'm quite sure he will oblige.

w.wood

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@w.wood

I hear you and understand your thought process on this.

Will tell you not to hold your breath while waiting for Joe to get disable auto park working on all JL's..... as I don't think you/we will see this anytime soon. Were Joe able to address this issue it would have been done already.

IF you have a hard on over it not working you might want to contact Joe and ask for a full refund. I'm quite sure he will oblige.
I am a little curious why you bothered to make this post. You tell me not to hold my breath for a solution and you make a rather snide remark about me having a hard on. Maybe you like insulting people?

On Oct 22, 2018, a little over 2 months ago Joe said in his above post that:

"I do have more info on how it functions though, and will work tomorrow to implement another method. When I think it have something to try, I’ll post here for anyone that would like to try it out."

So I asked if any solution had been discovered yet? Seems like a reasonable request to me especially since Joe said the Tazer should kill Autopark whether or not the door is open and whether or not the seatbelt is fastened and that he has more info on how it functions and that he will work on it. I am not happy about this issue but I do feel Joe is entitled to time to fix it and I do not think the delay of 2 months is unreasonable or that I should press him for a refund.

But I am hoping re-opening this tread will move the issue forward.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@w.wood

Well, actually I was siding with you so to speak.

IF you bought the Tazer JL solely for disable auto park, then for sure, you might want to get a refund.

I stand by exactly what I said above.

Joe has hit the wall so to speak in regard to disable auto park or it would be fixed already. Maybe in time he will get-er-done but............ could be months and months... who knows.... I know he is trying to get-er-done.

I merely pointed out the fact that if you had a hard on cause disable auto park was not doable, and you bought the Tazer, just for that, that Joe undoubtedly would hand you back your $. He is known to be that kind of a business person..... he will do the right thing lets say.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you try reading the whole thread carefully instead of lecturing me about safety, then perhaps you might understand what I said. Our Tazer does not work like Joe (the manufacturer of the Tazer) said it should work.
I actually did read the thread very carefully and stand by what I wrote. I agree the Tazer doesn't disable Autopark as described and it is flawed in that respect. So you have three choices : take one second to buckle your belt behind your back when moving vehicles around, complain to Tazer and get your money back or trade for another vehicle.

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I actually did read the thread very carefully and stand by what I wrote. I agree the Tazer doesn't disable Autopark as described and it is flawed in that respect. So you have three choices : take one second to buckle your belt behind your back when moving vehicles around, complain to Tazer and get your money back or trade for another vehicle.

This is all that needs to be done: "take one second to buckle your belt behind your back when moving vehicles around"

It would be nice if it did function as it should, on ALL JLs.

Sponsored

JeepDad33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has there been any update on this? I'm running the latest beta version 11.7 and still cannot get autoPark to disable. I don't get the messages with on the screen after startup like the video shows. I've tried toggling the programming switch several times with no success. reboots, start cycles, etc. Ran it for a couple months and still not working. any updates would be great to have

JeepDad33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I updated my Jeep today, flashed the PCM, TCM and cluster with the latest updates (cruise control recall basically) but autoPark disable still works.

I do have more info on how it functions though, and will work tomorrow to implement another method. When I think it have something to try, I’ll post here for anyone that would like to try it out.
anything new? I'm up to date on all the recalls etc. 2018 JLU. Can't get AP Kill to work

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anything new? I'm up to date on all the recalls etc. 2018 JLU. Can't get AP Kill to work
@JeepDad33

In the most current Tazer JL firmware, (11.0.8) AP Kill is not present.

AP Kill was not working for most JL's in past firmware versions and Joe hit the wall so to speak trying to get it to work, so for the time being / maybe indefinitely, it is history.

JeepDad33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Found version 11.0.8 tonight, released 3/6/19. They've completely removed APKILL. Gone from the menus, gone from the user manual, proof gone. Hope it comes back in future update

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I’ll take back for a refund if anyone wants to return their tazer over APKill - if purchase in the past 6 months - which is around when FCA patched the PCM/TCM code.
I have worked vigilantly to find another way, but have not been successful so far.

Keep in mind there is no other fix from any other manufacturer. There’s currently no way around it.

Thanks again for everyone’s continued support.
-Joe
Sponsored