Sponsored

Alignment numbers/results

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I installed a 3.5 inch lift and had it aligned. The front numbers look good but most the rear is off. I'm not an alignment pro so I am not certain how off it is/if it is an issue.

It drives well and I feel no issue.

Any alignment gurus have any insight on the attached numbers?

20190109_144345.jpg

20190109_144356.jpg
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I installed a 3.5 inch lift and had it aligned. The front numbers look good but most the rear is off. I'm not an alignment pro so I am not certain how off it is/if it is an issue.

It drives well and I feel no issue.

Any alignment gurus have any insight on the attached numbers?
There is no way to adjust rear camber or toe. The only thing you could correct is the thrust angle (if you have adjustable control arms) and axle offset (if you have an adjustable track bar).

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There is no way to adjust rear camber or toe. The only thing you could correct is the thrust angle (if you have adjustable control arms) and axle offset (if you have an adjustable track bar).
The rear has a trackbar bracket but it doesn't appear to have helped much. Do you know if the axle offset is a lot? I don't know a ton about alignment figures.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
The rear has a trackbar bracket but it doesn't appear to have helped much. Do you know if the axle offset is a lot? I don't know a ton about alignment figures.
Your axle offset is 0.08 degrees. Taking the sin(0.08) and multiplying by the wheelbase (close enough), says the axles are a little more than 5/32" out of alignment. That doesn't sound like too much to me, but I'm not an expert.

OP
OP
Carlton

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Your axle offset is 0.08 degrees. Taking the sin(0.08) and multiplying by the wheelbase (close enough), says the axles are a little more than 5/32" out of alignment. That doesn't sound like too much to me, but I'm not an expert.
5/32 is nothing. I suppose the picture just made me think it was way off.

Sponsored

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Figured I'd chime in here too. My Jeep came bone stock from the factory with the toe settings out of spec in the front. The Dealership fixed that but I noticed on the service record the rear angles were weird just like you Carlton. The Jeep drives straight as an arrow now so I guess it's ok, but my thrust angle is -.14. All these rear alignment numbers are still in spec but still I'm just curious and want to learn more about it. Based on my limited understanding it seems like the rear axle thrust angle is slightly positive such that the left rear wheel toe out and right rear wheel toe in gets all 4 wheels mostly square, more or less. I was also wondering if torque twist and bumpsteer were part of why these settings are what they are. If anyone else who knows about alignment can chime in and explain more it would be really appreciated!

IMG-0305.JPG

practicaltact

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S Mojito 2 Door
Looks like he aligned your wallet lol. He set your drag once the lift was
Complete and thats it...
I don’t have a lift it’s all still stock, the dealer did the alignment under warranty didn’t cost me anything. I was curious about the factory rear end alignment angles is all, the physics and engineering that explain it all. I think toe, caster, and thrust are not adjustable in stock form too which is interesting.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I don’t have a lift it’s all still stock, the dealer did the alignment under warranty didn’t cost me anything. I was curious about the factory rear end alignment angles is all, the physics and engineering that explain it all. I think toe, caster, and thrust are not adjustable in stock form too which is interesting.
There is none my good man, all bracketry is fixed by welds and the control arms are non adjustable. Only adjustments in a jeep are toe angle and drag link... im glad you werent charged . You shouldn't have been.
Sponsored