Sponsored

GOBI Stealth Rack Arrived and Installed (Pics)

OP
OP
YaThatAintRight

YaThatAintRight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon "THE LLAMA"
Occupation
Automotive Instructional Designer
interested to know the height of the Jeep after installing the Mopar 2" lift - are you running 35s? kinda looks like...
I'll measure after I install the lift. They are actually 37s!
Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing setup. Well done, sir.

It's crazy how much more your rear tires are tucked compared to mine, and I have the "larger" 37" STT Pros. Maybe you have more weight in the cargo area or something. How bad is your rubbing right now with no lift?

Sponsored

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
I just took mine off but I was 2-3 inches shorter then 7feet with a Rk 2.5 and milestar 37’s

OUTZDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
There is a very slight whistle at highway speed. It doesn't really bother me, but I'm going to try a few minor tweaks to see if I can't get rid of it
Have carried any heavy gear atop yours yet. Another thread we have going about Gobi installed, that OP developed bent parts after using his RTT. I haven’t carried any gear on mine (only just installed rack in last month)-but his issue has me worried. He also mentioned having to use red loctite in all nuts/bolts

OpsWest

First Name
Ops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for sharing, also looking to get a gobi rack. Was also going to try and integrate my backbone rack system that can handle 300/900lbs to help support the rack.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Anyone have a picture of the rack with the soft top in the Safari setup?

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
How difficult is it to remove the rack? I have a soft top and would prefer to not have it on unless I was going on a trip. Leaving the front part on would be fine if that is an option,

Sponsored

Jeepnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
How difficult is it to remove the rack? I have a soft top and would prefer to not have it on unless I was going on a trip. Leaving the front part on would be fine if that is an option,
You can pull the back part off pretty easy
Alittle more invasive to pull the front off

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks for sharing, also looking to get a gobi rack. Was also going to try and integrate my backbone rack system that can handle 300/900lbs to help support the rack.
900 pounds sounds awfully heavy. Even if you figure a way to support that much weight, i would think it’s going to make your Jeep very susceptible to rollover.

Eloib

First Name
Eloi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
900 pounds sounds awfully heavy. Even if you figure a way to support that much weight, i would think it’s going to make your Jeep very susceptible to rollover.
Probably that load rating is doable when stopped (roof tent?), but I totally agree with not loading three upright pianos and driving around lol
Sponsored