Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me or do some of them look lighter than others? Is it just the lighting of the picture??

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Is it just me or do some of them look lighter than others? Is it just the lighting of the picture??
It's the lighting. Ive seen this color in a dim parking garage and it looked almost brown. In bright sun, or especially bright neon lights (like a car show) it looks like bright gray.

Also, if you're referring to the picture above your post. I'm 99% sure thats Granite Crystal not Sting Gray.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
It's the lighting. Ive seen this color in a dim parking garage and it looked almost brown. In bright sun, or especially bright neon lights (like a car show) it looks like bright gray.

Also, if you're referring to the picture above your post. I'm 99% sure thats Granite Crystal not Sting Gray.
People adjusting the saturation and contrast on their photos also makes a huge difference on how SG looks online

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
People adjusting the saturation and contrast on their photos also makes a huge difference on how SG looks online
Yeah the ā€œhdrā€ thing everyone loves to do makes it totally different

Seven-gill

First Name
Linh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLUR, '15 Range Rover HSE, '05 Toyota 4Runner
Ordered 10/25/18
Picked up 01/05/19

I didnā€™t order the upgraded wheels since Iā€™ll add 35ā€ tires. Itā€™s been sitting in the garage until this coming Saturday. On Thursday we will have protective film placed on grill and fenders then the ceramic coat on Saturday. Once thatā€™s done Iā€™ll begin driving it!

Added a stingray decal. So glad I went with this color. I had to really fight the urge to buy a white Jeep but here in Houston there were so many! My neighbor across the street has one!

There is no filter or editing of these pics but still super hard to capture how cool it is in person.

Next Wednesday it goes to the shop to add the AMP Research steps (Iā€™m 5ā€™ tall).

Will order the 35ā€ tires when I sell these? Should I post them on this forum?

My first Jeep!

14EDD242-306B-4EEA-99DD-CD6ED6258BF0.jpeg

EE033C21-6B81-4C8A-B8C0-A67C459FA58D.jpeg

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Ordered 10/25/18
Picked up 01/05/19

I didnā€™t order the upgraded wheels since Iā€™ll add 35ā€ tires. Itā€™s been sitting in the garage until this coming Saturday. On Thursday we will have protective film placed on grill and fenders then the ceramic coat on Saturday. Once thatā€™s done Iā€™ll begin driving it!

Added a stingray decal. So glad I went with this color. I had to really fight the urge to buy a white Jeep but here in Houston there were so many! My neighbor across the street has one!

There is no filter or editing of these pics but still super hard to capture how cool it is in person.

Next Wednesday it goes to the shop to add the AMP Research steps (Iā€™m 5ā€™ tall).

My first Jeep!

Those rims look way better than black imo, especially in a grayish color. Black is way to played out. Everyone has a set.

Looks great. Welcome to the SG club

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Ordered 10/25/18
Picked up 01/05/19

My first Jeep!

Congratulations!

You can sell your tires and/or wheels here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/wheels-tires.53/.

Or on Craigslist. Houston is big enough you should be able to find a local buyer.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Ordered 10/25/18
Picked up 01/05/19

My first Jeep!

Awesome!

Arg everytime I see the painted top I get bummed I didn't order it and I haven't even picked up my Jeep yet. ha
Sponsored