First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I definitely like the concept, and I agree with most all of the suggestions in this thread. For me personally, I am on my third attempt at a workable place to put my phone, and I haven't liked any of them...with Android Auto and Google managing my phone interface in Jeep, I really just need a pocket with a place for the cable, as you described. Still haven't found a good option for sunglasses, this concept would cover that, as well. Genuinely appreciate your desire for the "voice of the customer". The key fob holster works great!
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
We are looking into designing a series of bags for the JL and are considering calling them 1941 bags, or series 1941 or something like that. If so, I would incorporate some type of badging on them. Probably need to do something a little more subtle than this one though. I have some smaller oval metal tags, but I have not figured out a good way to attach them yet
What about just stamping/embossing the leather?

GetOverIt

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
The Jeep definitely is lacking in interior spaces for your "stuff". All of the above comments are great. I need space for papers. (8-1/2X11). Maybe a thing that hangs off the back of the passenger seat. I doubt there is room in the front for it but I may be wrong on that.

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Great idea. I've been looking for a place for my phone since it needs to be plugged in for carplay. The console holder just gets in the way with drinks and I figure sooner or later I'll drench the phone. With your product it seems easier to just put your phone in upside down rather than running a cable through the bottom.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
The Jeep definitely is lacking in interior spaces for your "stuff". All of the above comments are great. I need space for papers. (8-1/2X11). Maybe a thing that hangs off the back of the passenger seat. I doubt there is room in the front for it but I may be wrong on that.
As you said, I think finding room in the front would be tough. Had a few requests that if I build some Molle type bags for the seat backs (I think these are only on Rubi though) that they are different in size to the current MOPAR and Chinese built bags. Requests for holding items such as iPads and tablets, so maybe larger in size but reduced depth so they don't impede into rear passenger leg space ... stay tuned

Sponsored

Drewe

First Name
Drewe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Sahara
I love the hustle!!! So resourceful to message this board. Good on ya!!!

I'm still waiting on my JLUR, so until I use it for a few months I'm not SURE I'd use this product, but I think I would. I'd want a different styling though - for those with a grey dash and the light tan leather with white stitching, I'd at LEAST like the current product to have white stitching as an option (as the red would stand out too much).

Good luck!!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
So .. what do you do after your Bears loose their playoff game (especially considering how they lost) … you grab a drink, go to the shop, get some scrap leather and put together something fun … this was all I could think of …maybe I can get Jeep to add it is as part of the "smokers group" package

Bic Knuckles.jpg

kinneyb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Bright White, 3.6L
So .. what do you do after your Bears loose their playoff game (especially considering how they lost) … you grab a drink, go to the shop, get some scrap leather and put together something fun … this was all I could think of …maybe I can get Jeep to add it is as part of the "smokers group" package

Bic Knuckles.jpg
Yesterday was a tough loss...

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
I keep my iPhone in the area in front of the gearshift. I have a flush mount USB charger and a 12” usb cable and it works great. Phone does not move on highway, but off-road I put it in my pocket or console.

I like Mark’s ideas and am open to any good solutions. I like the ideas from the participants on this thread. I would also be open to an open pouch that went in front of the gearshift. There is a joint at the lower part of that channel that a small piece of leather could be inserted to keep it from moving. Using gun leather, there is probably enough tension to keep it from moving.

Who said go Eagles?

B561E88F-4A06-45E1-AD68-93C6B544AC6A.jpeg

Scollier

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.getfused.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Marketing and Technology
I would buy a drivers side one where I could insert my iPhone X and cable

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I know the quality of workmanship that you put into your leather goods and I appreciate it. Unlike some others on here, I realize that the can of altoids is just a reference for size.....I understand that the saddle bag is not necessarily meant for “altoids”.....and with just a little bit of imagination I can see it being used for a mobile phone, wallet etc, etc, etc. when they are available for sale, PM me, l will buy a set!
.......And about the “coin” pouch.....perhaps consider a “dump pouch”...or an “insert” that can be pulled out of the bag to easily access the coins.

Thanks

Last edited:

tjrider99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Subaru, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
We are looking into designing a series of bags for the JL and are considering calling them 1941 bags, or series 1941 or something like that. If so, I would incorporate some type of badging on them. Probably need to do something a little more subtle than this one though. I have some smaller oval metal tags, but I have not figured out a good way to attach them yet
Can you engrave the 1941 into the leather rather than using a metal tag? That wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb.....but still look pretty cool!

KTLucy

First Name
Kimberley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2door Ocean Blue Rubicon & 2014 Mini Cooper Roadster S
I love these and will fit perfectly with 1941 theme I’m running with! I’ll keep watching this thread.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.