What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
RavenJeep you said you fed through a zip tye in the reara tail gate ? how i cant i tried. mine doesn't have a hole where i can come back inside with the end of the strap. i can stick it through the vent but it just goes inside it it doesn't have a way to come back inside back to me. it can work on the JL vent door. how did you get it in the vent and back out to you ? its not possible on my vent door ?
The slots themselves seem plenty big enough from the outside, but the additional plastic just behind those slots seem like the bigger culprit. Anyone consider taking off the whole piece and just carefully Dremelling out a few of the those backside blocking bits? I tried to pry the damn thing off the tailgate to no avail!

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
It was fairly simple. Just make sure on the grill inserts that once you remove the paper from the two sided tape you try to push them all the way to the back before the adhesive contacts the sides. In other words, the tape can start sticking too far forward and you will see gaps in the back. I sprayed a few coats of plasti dip on mine before installing to make them more matte finish. They were too shiny out of the box. Also on the headlights, test fit before you remove the tape. They need to be turned just right to cover correctly. I set them in place and put a small piece of painters tape on the grill edge and insert to line up after removing the tape.

I hope you get your Jeep soon and good luck!
Great tips, thanks! I only ordered my Jeep on January 1, so still have (so they say) 7-9 weeks to wait. Which is fine -- I have two months to save a little more money for the Jeep and mods!

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great tips, thanks! I only ordered my Jeep on January 1, so still have (so they say) 7-9 weeks to wait. Which is fine -- I have two months to save a little more money for the Jeep and mods!
Thatā€™s what dealer said to me last January 24 2018 delivery was July 4 but all good since then none of the problems eluded to on forum by so many

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
The slots themselves seem plenty big enough from the outside, but the additional plastic just behind those slots seem like the bigger culprit. Anyone consider taking off the whole piece and just carefully Dremelling out a few of the those backside blocking bits? I tried to pry the damn thing off the tailgate to no avail!
It comes of pretty easy. Start on the bottom right and work across the bottom. Then the top will pop off. It goes back on even easier.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR Mojito!
That's crazy looking! :)
Thanks it is an Under the Sun 2-sided insert.

I got the Flag for the other side. I will use that when I feel like some ā€˜Merica is in order.

Replacement tow hooks are a couple coats away from install.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All!
I recently purchased a firecracker red JL. Looking to add grill inserts. Iā€™m undecided if I should put in black or silver. Iā€™d love to see some pics of yours. Thanks!
Congratulations... Are you interested in just solid colors (black/silver), designs, etc.? If you want designs; i.e. flags, etc., Under The Sun has a good selection...I have a few of theirs.
www.underthesuninserts.com

jeep_033 (3).jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Added the Baja Designs Squadron Pro's in the fog light location. Great addition with real usable light. Simple installation with everything needed to plug right in to existing wiring.
I love these lights....I noticed them when @Sting_NC_USA posted his pictures back in August... I've been debating whether or not I should jump in the pool. But at over $500....

damn.gif

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
@MItwenty18JL I'm weird about these things, but have you considered rotating the wheel on your rear carrier such that the wheel spoke pointing at 2 o'clock is at the 6 o'clock position? Should give you a nicer more balanced look.

Sorry, can't help but see this stuff. Drives my wife crazy...
Nuts may be misaligned then. Lol

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
It's been some time since I last posted here but my baby has had some major upgrades over the past few months..

- Terafelx 4.5" Lift w/ Falcon 3.3 Piggyback Shocks
- Upgraded from Patagonia Milestar 33s to 37s
- Artec Inner Fenders
- Iron Cross Fender Flares
- EAG Full Width Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
- Xprite 7" CREE LED Halos

Before:
IMG_7751.jpg

After:
IMG_7752.jpg
IMG_7841.jpg
IMG_7859.jpg
Paint your fender liners, it will look better.

BattDave93

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport S
Congratulations... Are you interested in just solid colors (black/silver), designs, etc.? If you want designs; i.e. flags, etc., Under The Sun has a good selection...I have a few of theirs.
www.underthesuninserts.com

Iā€™m leaning towards solid colors, but Iā€™m up for anything

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
AAEE1946-CDAC-41C4-B4EB-EA53B51FDC18.jpeg
Installed the Warn Mid-Height Grille Guard
I went with the low height. Couldnā€™t beat the price compared to others made for the steel bumper. I debated on the mid, I still donā€™t know if I made the right call, and your pic isnā€™t helping!