Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
I guess I'll give it until the end of the month or beginning of Feb. Wouldn't be as bad if it was pay when the product ships. But's it full price up front while you wait who knows how long for them.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I ordered my frame mounted set-up in early November. Have yet to see them. However, I have been out of town for nearly a month.

My son has been dropping by to check my mail and has been picking up packages at my front door. I am in no particular hurry, but it would be nice to have them waiting for me when I get back. Last that I contacted Anthony, they would ship on the week of 12/22/18.

RIP11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
for me it would just be nice to be able to get a response from anyone so that i could order a set to pick up.....i'm beginning to explore other options.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I really hate seeing the pinch seam on so many side-steps so my debate has been between ACE and ROAM. Reading this thread pretty much settles me with ACE

Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Also a shame that Roam used to jump on this thread occasionally to answer questions and concerns. I haven't seen that in a long time now. It's like waiting for your Wrangler build from FCA with zero communication and no explanation for delays. I too, think I will focus my attention elsewhere. Either ACE or Mopar.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
I came to the same unfortunate conclusion, which is a shame. I really don't like begging for reasonable customer service and quality products. It's all more difficult than it looks, but it certainly appears something is out of whack as they are losing business, which no good for us or them. Hopefully they will get it straightened out someday.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that sucks. When I read your first sentence I thought "Oh good, someone finally got their rails." I hope this gets resolved.

Sponsored

RubyToBe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 2019 Rubicon
Wow. This is surprising...yes I received zero instructions either (note-they don’t exist. If you got frame mounted ones, Just mount w arrows facing forward on each side, you’ll figure it out). But mine were packed impeccably...in fact I’ve never received anything packed better.

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. This is surprising...yes I received zero instructions either (note-they don’t exist. If you got frame mounted ones, Just mount w arrows facing forward on each side, you’ll figure it out). But mine were packed impeccably...in fact I’ve never received anything packed better. Sorry yours is messed up :/
Mine were packed perfectly too.

6BA01E08-1DF3-47DA-8EB5-34094C4F7C03.jpeg

03E6504F-2018-443B-A2D0-8E1521442AD6.jpeg

Last edited:

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So Anthony contacted me back and made it right. I’m happy. No issues.

I’ve spoken to him at detail and after actually being able to speak with him at length I can assure you all that this is not Anthony. They are working things out to correct the previous issues including shipping. As another member stated it is growing pains.

While initially I didn’t want to be a part of that I now realize that my feedback was very valuable to their operations. They have identified the issue and have taken action. At least they are trying to turn the ship around and that I can respect.

Because I WILL be running their rails, aside from the initial frustrations they are solid to the touch and all parts were in the package.
Sponsored

Last edited: