kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any Jeep or off-road groups/adventure clubs in the bay area? Would be great for newbies like myself to get in touch with more experienced folks and learn some trail skills.

Please link the ones you know or are part of!
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
It's not directly in the Bay area, but the guys from High Sierra 4x4 Podcast are pretty active in Northern CA and could probably point you in the right direction. They have a good show too, if podcasts are your thing. I'd try shooting them an email and seeing if they have any insight. I believe it's Podcast_AT_Highsierra4x4.com (no underscores and it's the @).

No, I'm not affiliated with the show in any way, this isn't an advertisement, just an avid listener and fan of the show. They're usually pretty helpful. Also Check out California Association of 4 wheel drive clubs (www.cal4wheel.com), they plug them on the show a lot.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
kurt rustle

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the references, everyone.

Too bad I don't use FB anymore.

The public course by The Driving Company seem great but looks like they only start in June (too far out). I'm going to reach out anyway, see how many people it'd take for them to consider a course outside those announced dates.

Also found ModernJeeper Adventures but their February outing is already sold out. If anyone knows of any similar clubs/outings, please drop a link!

Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m a huge fan of The Driving Company. Even if it’s that far out, it’s worth signing up for. The guys who teach the class are an awesome bunch.

OP
OP
kurt rustle

kurt rustle

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
Heard from one of the instructors and sounds like they're pretty booked all the way 'til June, i.e. no earlier classes. Went ahead and signed up.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Heard from one of the instructors and sounds like they're pretty booked all the way 'til June, i.e. no earlier classes. Went ahead and signed up.
This all looks interesting. Did you sign up for the June 1st class? I might sign up for that one and their recovery class the next day too... Make a weekend of it!

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Yep, went ahead and signed up for both classes (off-road and recovery).
Great! I am planning on doing both days too.

I spoke to them today and they said there was only one vehicle spot left for the June class. So if I don't have one of my buddies wanting to go then I will be joining you in June. I'll keep you posted!

Sponsored

RocnTJ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1948 Willys PU, 1949 Willys Jeepster, 2011 Grand Cherokee
Check out the Madhatters 4x4 Club of Northern CA. We meet in Pleasanton and do at least 1 run a month. We have a web site and a Facebook page. We are heading up to the snow this weekend. We have members of all skill levels. Great way to learn the trails and how to wheel safely and without damaging the environment.

Tom

RocnTJ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are heading up to Mormon Immigrant Saturday morning. Would love to have another JL join us if you are interested. PM me for details.

RocnTJ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right now Facebook. The guy who was maintaining the web site moved to Oregon so things have become a little dated. Hopefully we will have that corrected soon. We have an e-mail group that we send run notifications out to everyone. Pm me if interested and I can get you added to that.

Tom
Sponsored