BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Decided to go visit the Spruce Goose today. Man that thing is HUGE!!!!

MVIMG_20190101_145301.jpg
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Dang, your nephew's got some skills. Nice shots.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Big order placed this week...credit card damn near caught fire!

1) Rancho 3.5" Crawler lift and RS5000x shocks setup for 3.5" lift
2) LOD Destroyer Full Width Rear bumper/tire carrier
3) LOD Destroyer Shorty Front bumper w/ bull bar and skid
4) Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5 tires
5) Dirty Life DT-1 (9303) Matte Gunmetal 17x9 wheels
6) Warn Zeon 10-s

Only things left in short term to order are Rock Sliders, Diff skids, and some sort of spidershade or soft/bikini style top.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Also - heads up for anyone interested...

I'm going to be selling the stock rubicon wheels + BFG AT/KO2 tires (4500 miles on them in mint condition) as well as the front steel rubicon bumper (without fogs as I'm transferring those to my LOD bumper)

If interested and local to Denver, PM me.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Post wheel spacers (1.75" G2)

Rear wheel done, stock front.
MVIMG_20190105_125106.jpg

MVIMG_20190105_183029.jpg

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Not trying to be a hater, but I have a legitimate question so please don't take offense.
If your rims/tires fit, why do you want spacers? They make the tires stick out past the flares and you'll throw rocks and debris all over your Jeep. I always assumed people put spacer on to fit bigger tires that wouldn't normally fit. I'm just confused because widening the track width decreases the turning radius, and the maneuverability of the Wrangler was one of it's biggest draws for me.

Again, not trying to imply anything, or say I dislike or disagree with doing it. Just trying to figure out what the intention is. Do people do it for aesthetics, capability, ride quality, or something else when they aren't trying to fit bigger tires? I'm fairly new to the Jeep world so please forgive the ignorance. So why add spacers?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to be a hater, but I have a legitimate question so please don't take offense.
If your rims/tires fit, why do you want spacers? They make the tires stick out past the flares and you'll throw rocks and debris all over your Jeep. I always assumed people put spacer on to fit bigger tires that wouldn't normally fit. I'm just confused because widening the track width decreases the turning radius, and the maneuverability of the Wrangler was one of it's biggest draws for me.

Again, not trying to imply anything, or say I dislike or disagree with doing it. Just trying to figure out what the intention is. Do people do it for aesthetics, capability, ride quality, or something else when they aren't trying to fit bigger tires? I'm fairly new to the Jeep world so please forgive the ignorance. So why add spacers?
All good questions. No offense taken. From the time I decided I wanted to get a Wrangler, which was many years ago, there were 2 absolutes I decided would need to be addressed before I drove off the lot. First was a lift and second were tires that stuck out wider than the fenders. Why the tire profile thing I can't put a finger on it. Purely an asthetic thing. Weird I know- if a Wrangler passes me on the road with flush tires I think, "hey there jeeper;" a Wrangler passes me with tires that stick out past the fenders I'm like, "badass Jeep there fellow jeeper!"
Of course that was before I had the opportunity to get a JL. Didn't need a lift on my JLUR. However the flush wheel-to-fender profile has always bothered me. I will eventually get 35s but I love the snowlfake stock rubi rims. Spacers give me the stance/look I want and allow me to keep that look with my eventual 35s without having to get new rims. Heck, backspacing on rims is nearly the most discussed topic on JLWF and it's all about making the tires stick out a few inches... for about $1,400. This cost me $129 with the black friday sale :)

Long story short, yes with the JLUR it is purely asthetic given the size of fenders and wheel wells. I love the new appearance. I know about the rock flinging and having to watch for curbs and children and...

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for the response. I just wasn't sure if there was an added benefit I should be exploring. I completely understand the aesthetic thing. I put a 2" lift on my Sahara. There was no need for it. The Wrangler is completely capable of any off-roading I will do in it's stock configuration, but like you it's just one of those things I wanted. I can't put my finger on it either.
Anyway, thanks for clarifying and for not taking offense to the question.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Thanks for the response. I just wasn't sure if there was an added benefit I should be exploring. I completely understand the aesthetic thing. I put a 2" lift on my Sahara. There was no need for it. The Wrangler is completely capable of any off-roading I will do in it's stock configuration, but like you it's just one of those things I wanted. I can't put my finger on it either.
Anyway, thanks for clarifying and for not taking offense to the question.
Wider stance would make the jeep more stable with a lift too.

Sponsored

Icepak

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
All good questions. No offense taken. From the time I decided I wanted to get a Wrangler, which was many years ago, there were 2 absolutes I decided would need to be addressed before I drove off the lot. First was a lift and second were tires that stuck out wider than the fenders. Why the tire profile thing I can't put a finger on it. Purely an asthetic thing. Weird I know- if a Wrangler passes me on the road with flush tires I think, "hey there jeeper;" a Wrangler passes me with tires that stick out past the fenders I'm like, "badass Jeep there fellow jeeper!"
Of course that was before I had the opportunity to get a JL. Didn't need a lift on my JLUR. However the flush wheel-to-fender profile has always bothered me. I will eventually get 35s but I love the snowlfake stock rubi rims. Spacers give me the stance/look I want and allow me to keep that look with my eventual 35s without having to get new rims. Heck, backspacing on rims is nearly the most discussed topic on JLWF and it's all about making the tires stick out a few inches... for about $1,400. This cost me $129 with the black friday sale :)

Long story short, yes with the JLUR it is purely asthetic given the size of fenders and wheel wells. I love the new appearance. I know about the rock flinging and having to watch for curbs and children and...
I got the spidertrax wheel spacers for my stock Rubicon wheels and tires on my JLU Sahara. Love the wider stance look.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
What is a good contrasting color for Billet Silver (other than red)?