Sponsored

ACE JL 2-Door Rock Sliders Now Available!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Warpath
@BostonBilly
@Mordin Solus
@1idrod

I know all the forum member's that I have been in contact with here, that have installed the Ace Slider's for the 2 dr. JL (at least 6 guys/gals) have stated they could not install the slider's without some metal to metal contact. Apparently, the contact is in the rear between the Ace Slider and the Rubi rail.

All that messaged me right after their install, stated that they tried to re-adjust things but still there was contact.

All told me that they had no creaking ... noise courtesy of the metal to metal contact.

Anyway, are you all still saying the same thing.... metal to metal contact but no noise.. no creaking, etc. No damage due to rubbing.

Are you having any issues with the Ace 2dr. sliders installed on your JL?

Do you think the slider's are blocking the rocks from attacking the rear fender's?

Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
@Warpath
@BostonBilly
@Mordin Solus
@1idrod

I know all the forum member's that I have been in contact with here, that have installed the Ace Slider's for the 2 dr. JL (at least 6 guys/gals) have stated they could not install the slider's without some metal to metal contact. Apparently, the contact is in the rear between the Ace Slider and the Rubi rail.

All that messaged me right after their install, stated that they tried to re-adjust things but still there was contact.

All told me that they had no creaking ... noise courtesy of the metal to metal contact.

Anyway, are you all still saying the same thing.... metal to metal contact but no noise.. no creaking, etc. No damage due to rubbing.

Do you think the slider's are blocking the rocks from attacking the rear fender's?

Mine makes contact, however I have not tried to adjust. Given I have no creaking or damage doubt I will try to change it.

As far as blocking rocks, I think they help however there are gaps so it's not going to 100 percent stop a rock from kicking up.

All in all VERY happy with mine.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
@Warpath
@BostonBilly
@Mordin Solus
@1idrod

Mine have been solid. I have minimal contact which could be adjusted out, but I pushed mine in as far as they could go because I like they way they look.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the record, I'm going to be doing the install when my 2 dr. Ace's finally arrive....just wanted to reaffirm that there were no lets say issues that have come up that would make me want to hold off // not do the install.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
For the record, I'm going to be doing the install when my 2 dr. Ace's finally arrive....just wanted to reaffirm that there were no lets say issues that have come up that would make me want to hold off // not do the install.
I willing to bet your not going to have any problems!! :like:

Sponsored

jljeepster

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR Granite Gray
Late to the party here, but wanted to pass this on. Just chatted with Nick on the website about the 2 door rock sliders as they had a box asking whether or not you wanted to have them installed on premise. I had no idea, but it turns out that if you check this box they will install them free of charge at there facility in Romeo, MI. And I'm pretty close so thought this was pretty nice. No worrying about what color loc-tite is on the threads. :D

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
JL_RockSliders_20PercentOff.jpg

ACE Rock Sliders at over 20% Off!

This Week Only:
4-Door Rock Sliders for just $374 +s&h
2-Door Rock Sliders for just $329 +s&h!

Save up to $75!

JL 4-Door http://bit.ly/JLRockSlider
JL 2-Door http://bit.ly/JL2DrRockSliders

*Sale price not combinable with any other discounts or promotions.