Sponsored

What Tailgate Table do you run?

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
I'm very interested in the tailgate table from front runner! I like the birch slide out cutting board. They dont make one for the JL yet.

What table do you run besides mopar?

Has anyone fit a JK table on a JL?
Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m quite happy with my Springtail Solutions folding table. The table itself meets my needs and Doc has been great to work with.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very interested in the tailgate table from front runner! I like the birch slide out cutting board. They dont make one for the JL yet.

What table do you run besides mopar?

Has anyone fit a JK table on a JL?
After doing a fair amount of research, I narrowed my choice down to the Springtail and the Mopar because these 2 options are the only ones I found that will allow for MOLLE pouches to be mounted to them. In the end I ordered the Mopar because when in the down position, I want the edges to curl down, not up. Unfortunately, the Springtail edges curl up, and that means my camp stove will likely not sit level since it extends beyond the front-to-back dimension of the table and will therefore interfere with the turned-up edge.

OP
OP
ImAJeepskate

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
After doing a fair amount of research, I narrowed my choice down to the Springtail and the Mopar because these 2 options are the only ones I found that will allow for MOLLE pouches to be mounted to them. In the end I ordered the Mopar because when in the down position, I want the edges to curl down, not up. Unfortunately, the Springtail edges curl up, and that means my camp stove will likely not sit level since it extends beyond the front-to-back dimension of the table and will therefore interfere with the turned-up edge.
You make a good point about the stove!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, the Springtail edges curl up, and that means my camp stove will likely not sit level since it extends beyond the front-to-back dimension of the table and will therefore interfere with the turned-up edge.
Dang, I didn’t know this about the Springtail.

Those were my (2) choices as well for the same reasons. Glad I went the other way as well I suppose.

A camp stove is one of the MAIN things you’re going to put on it! Aside from a beer, a bagel or a French press haha

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
The Trailgater is very nice. It fits all my needs and is really well made.

83FFE92D-71F6-4807-A970-392B8FCBFACF.jpeg

5135BF67-D0A8-4F00-81D0-FFA3869F5E18.jpeg

View attachment 126251

2ECF3C6F-BA8C-4257-BE1F-3B30192DECFC.jpeg
My thoughts ? Sure, thanks for asking . . . agree this one, so far, has the most functionality for what a fold down "table" IS !
Jeep would have us believe it is a "party place" - big holes for your red plastic beer cups, really ? Last thing on MY mind when I'm out in the wilderness enjoying Nature ! NO, to ME this contraption needs to be a Functional TABLE - strong, sturdy and able to hold my 2 burner with a pot of coffee on one & my breakfast (or dinner) cooking in a 10" skillet on the other ! the slide out IF used as a cutting board (without a plate) needs to be Food-Safe, such as polished stainless steel / think restaurant kitchen countertops ! A thin sheet attached to the plywood perhaps !? This table beats Jeeps hands down, but I think it could be BETTER if they extended the wires that hold it in the horizontal - be able to hold heavier items and be sturdier too ! Of course a relatively minor alteration/fix could take care of that after purchase ! AS a side, a couple months ago on VENTURE4WD - YouTube Channel, Chris's Canadian friend manufactures, on a small scale, a Very Nice Table from what I've seen on that particular episode - check them out, you won't be disappointed ! Particularly like the strong Magnetic Closure - no latches or other gimmicky/clumsy stuff to break ! Give it a few more months of "bashing" these 3rd party companies and maybe we'll get someone to "do it just right" ! :like: ;) .

ttsquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tailgate-table.4879/page-9

I just put this Frontrunner JK table on my JL.

Least expensive manufactured table with wooden pullout! Less than half price of some tables above!
No holes in table! I’ll have to find another place for my red solo cup. Seriously, I did not want holes in my table, I’m not interested in attaching bags to the bottom of my table.
Sold construction!
Did I mention it’s cheap?

TTS

0BA00600-904E-45A0-8B66-CBD0BAD70A8B.jpeg