Toronto area off road trails

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
Can anyone recommend any off road trails near the Great Toronto Area?
Thanks
Sponsored

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Raglan sand pits in Oshawa

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Raglan sand pits in Oshawa
After our PM's, I researched, and it sounds like it's private property and enforcement is heavy. Be careful if you continue to go! GTA isn't really 4x4 friendly. You'll have to go much further north, north east to find sanctioned, proper locations.

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
After our PM's, I researched, and it sounds like it's private property and enforcement is heavy. Be careful if you continue to go! GTA isn't really 4x4 friendly. You'll have to go much further north, north east to find sanctioned, proper locations.
Na, tons of people go there. From fullsize to dirtbikes and quads. Its A pretty popular spot

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoseTorro

JoseTorro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 4 Door
Raglans good, i went over last week, I believe the pit is off limits but the trail is all good. Go when its nice and muddy, a good time.

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Raglans good, i went over last week, I believe the pit is off limits but the trail is all good. Go when its nice and muddy, a good time.
Good to know, thanks guys!

prdufresne

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon, 2019 JLU Rubicon (on order)
Your best bet is to join the OF4WD and access the trail index. They keep it updated pretty frequently, and will list trails you can use without getting yourself into trouble. Or, join one of the off-road clubs listed on the site. It's best to wheel with a group anyway.

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Here are a few pics from our trip to Concession Lake a few days ago. Best spot I've gone to so far. Lots of elevation changes, very uneven pathways, and super lang trails. We were out there for over six hours and had to turn back because it was getting dark. we ended up driving out in the pitch black of night. Going back for sure!

Concession Lake 1.jpg

Concession Lake 2.jpg

Concession Lake 3.jpg

Concession Lake 4.jpg

Concession Lake 5.jpg

Concession Lake 6.jpg

Concession Lake 7.jpg

Sponsored

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
concession lake is one of my favourites. but don't get caught on it between dec 1st and may 24 weekend by either opp or a snow groomer. you will be charged with trespassing and may have to pay to do the repairs to the trail. it is very frowned upon by the ofsc and of4wd and all responsible wheelers that use that area. once it gets closed by the authorities, it will never reopen to the public.

as mentioned, join the OF4WD. they have a great trail map/index that rates the trails with minimum requirements so you won't get screwed half way in. ive been a member for 15 years.

bobcaygeon/minded/gooderham is a great wheeling area that is frequented by all members of the of4wd throughout the wheeling season.
if you want to do some winter wheeling, check out Ray's Place in minden. excellent guy and killer trails that are open all year long to jeeps. there are cabins and camp sites available on site at Ray's. (previously South Wind Motel/Camping).

join Jeepcentral.ca to hook up with a group. they tend to go all the time throughout the season/year.

there is also Ardbeg, by Parry Sound... but again, closed for the season.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Depending on where you are in the GTA, Durham 4x4 and Ganaraska Off-Road are good, friendly wheeling clubs. They will get you discounts on some gear, and OF4WD, etc. I'm in Markham and a member of both, but thinking of also setting up a wheeling club in Markham.

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Ganaraska Forest. Oak Ridge Trails...Check out my TiKTok for a bunch of video from this trip @darrynwieczorkowski
Jeep Wrangler JL Toronto area off road trails Garasakas  (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL Toronto area off road trails Garasakas .jpg 2 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL Toronto area off road trails Garasakas .jpg 3 (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL Toronto area off road trails Garasakas .jpg 4 (2)

Last edited:

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
concession lake is one of my favourites. but don't get caught on it between dec 1st and may 24 weekend by either opp or a snow groomer. you will be charged with trespassing and may have to pay to do the repairs to the trail. it is very frowned upon by the ofsc and of4wd and all responsible wheelers that use that area. once it gets closed by the authorities, it will never reopen to the public.

as mentioned, join the OF4WD. they have a great trail map/index that rates the trails with minimum requirements so you won't get screwed half way in. ive been a member for 15 years.

bobcaygeon/minded/gooderham is a great wheeling area that is frequented by all members of the of4wd throughout the wheeling season.
if you want to do some winter wheeling, check out Ray's Place in minden. excellent guy and killer trails that are open all year long to jeeps. there are cabins and camp sites available on site at Ray's. (previously South Wind Motel/Camping).

join Jeepcentral.ca to hook up with a group. they tend to go all the time throughout the season/year.

there is also Ardbeg, by Parry Sound... but again, closed for the season.
Think ill take the advice and join. Don't know any trails or have been on. Yet every time I'm in my jeep im itching to go for some.
Sponsored