Sponsored

Show off your Delivered JL Here!

Riviera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2022 WL75
How are the halogen lights inside and out? Better than the JK?
The lights are a HUGE improvement over the JK. We'll see what happens as they get a film of salt on them, as I recall the JK beams shrunk quickly. I'd rather have had the LEDs, but so far so good. It seems to me the best fix with the JK's headlamps wasn't to go LED, but to go old school glass prismatic lenses, like Delta headlights.
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
The lights are a HUGE improvement over the JK. We'll see what happens as they get a film of salt on them, as I recall the JK beams shrunk quickly. I'd rather have had the LEDs, but so far so good. It seems to me the best fix with the JK's headlamps wasn't to go LED, but to go old school glass prismatic lenses, like Delta headlights.

Based on early reviews I think you are going to find if you’d like to upgrade your JL headlights, Mopar OEM/led will be the way to go

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Forget the Jeep mats, having these in my current vehicle, these are the only ones that I will have in my Jeep.

http://www.weathertech.com/floorliner-digitalfit/

Give about 4 weeks and they should be available on the JL.

That’s kind of a rip off considering the MSRP for the all weather mats are the same in the MOPAR catologue. They should credit you some money for not providing the carpet mats.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I just wanted to add a few pictures of the JLUR that I picked up on Monday night. Overall I'm extremely impressed - and I'll echo others that have said this is much more impressive in person than photos. I'm breaking it in, so no highway miles yet, but I think this thing drives better than my Sierra Denali pick-up. It really gets moving quickly from a stop, even light on the gas. It handles some rather bumpy inner city roads without any problem. I'm shocked in a good way with how smooth this ride is. I'm 6'3" and have absolutely no problem on height or leg room. The uConnect is very nice, and the sound system is more impressive (by far) than the premium sound in my Denali. Overall the comfort is excellent - and this is my DD. The wind noise was ok - it's noticeable but not annoying.
Jeep2.jpg
That wheel/tire/body color combo is so perfect

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Dyno, I would be very curious to know if any of the topo maps that are available like topo usa or back country explorer for the android system can be brought over. isaw that there was a video on you tube about enabling your phone to do stuff like that.
Haven't figured that one out yet. I do know you can access off road maps. I'll work on that..

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
That’s kind of a rip off considering the MSRP for the all-weather mats are the same in the MOPAR catologue. They should credit you some money for not providing the carpet mats.
I got Mopar mat info! Mopar Mat Info!
So we've had snow here in Maryland, so in and out with the boots and what happens..... my optional Mopar Mats filled up with water. I've kinda not really payed attention, but did noticed that every time I seem to look down at the mats (front) the round studs that come up from the floor are not locked in and the mat is not sitting properly. Then I noticed the carpet was wet. Where did all the water go you ask? Into the carpet! The studs aren't locking in and the mat isn't fitting right, because the drain hole on the mats pertrudes down and is supposed to fit in the drain hole. So I just got home popped drivers side up and sure enough the carpet is 90% cut out (the same exact size as the drain hole in the floor of the JL). They leave just a tiny piece of fabric on the carpet plug(in case you don't want to use that style of mat, I guess) I neatly cut each side out, pulled the carpet plug out and then pulled the drain hole plug out of the Jeeps floor. Then the mat will seat perfectly, with the mat drain hole seating down into the drain hole in the Jeeps floor. Thennnn the mat seats properly in the floor and the locking the studs snap in and stay secure. Interesting. I'll give it a whirl. I guess it does beat having to lift a mat full of fluid out of the floor without spilling it everywhere. We shall see....btw I put in 4 wheel today hit a couple light trails at an undisclosed location. (at work on lunch break...)
20180117_121227_001.jpg
20180117_122822.jpg

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
How does it ride?
A little more on the ride after a full day, the Rubi is a bit stiffer than the JL Sahara. Buts it really good. I'm assuming that the shocks are the reason because having had these tires before, they did not adversely affect my JLU ride. And it does sit a bit higher, this too can affect things, but I like it. And how quiet it is over bumps is really the best thing, no rattling or 2 seconds of rebounding. It recovers from bumps firm and fast (relatively speaking). You still know you are in a Jeep, but a really good one.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Carpet deleted. Not included.
I know this is stupid to be upset over, but I did not ask for my carpet mats to not be in the jeep because I ordered a set of weather mats, that seems really strange......I want my weather mats for when I am up in the snow and when I am not, I want my carpet mats, other car companies give you both, I am going to try to fight for both, not sure how, but I will!

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon