Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
So this build is not going to be anything groundbreaking or revolutionary but hopefully will be of some interest to anyone looking to do something similar. This is my second Jeep, and my first vehicle purchased brand new. I am titling this build the OEM+ build because unlike my previous Wrangler, which I loved but wanted to change everything, I find myself drawn to a lot of the MOPAR parts or even the current factory configuration.

The purpose of this will to be build a Jeep that is aesthetically pleasing to me and still usable as a secondary family vehicle. However, as I do like to take my family with me when I go offroading, it also needs to be overly capable for my intended use, which is moderate, as I am not comfortable getting stuck or in trouble when I have them with me.

We live in SC, so we do not do rock crawling and I only go through mud when the opportunity presents itself. Instead, my goal is to be more oriented in the overland direction, although I would not say I am building a dedicated overlander by any means. But national forest, the few driveable beaches we can reach, unmaintained forest roads etc are the main goal.

So the build will be documented in several stages, ( I am a pretty big fan of amassing multiple parts and putting them on all at once, as much as I can within budget constraints). These are not necessarily in chronological order either, except the first thing I will do is the tires and suspension for sure. The rest is TBD

Introductory Post- You are reading it

Previous Builds- Just some pictures and details on my previous vehicles.

Starting Point: 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon 6-speed Bright White

Dealer Mods

Stage 1- Suspension and Wheels

Stage 2- Exterior Upgrades

Stage 3- Interior and Lighting Upgrades

Piecemeal Upgrades
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
PREVIOUS BUILDS
2015 Yukon XL Denali 4x4 ( Tint, 24" GMC Denali Rep's with 305 Nitto Terra Grappler, blacked out grill and emblems) *Sold 2018

2012 Jeep JKUR Manual ( 35" Nitto Mud Grappler, Smittybuilt stubby front bumper w/ warn winch and Rigid Cubes, Smittybuilt rockrails and rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Borla Exhaust, rhino lined interior, FJ Hi-lift mount) *Sold March 2015

2008 BMW E92 M3 Manual ( 3m Satin Black Wrap, 19x11 and 19x10 staggered VMS V710 wheels with 295 Michelin PSS, OSS custom Headlights, Borla ATAK catback exhaust and catless midpipe, H&R Coilovers, Macht Schnell CAI and underpulley kit, Tint, Active Autowerkes Tune, lightweight flywheel, CF Hood, Lip, Rear Diffuser, CSL Trunk and sideskirts) * Sold 2015

2009 F-150 Platinum 4x4 ( Level kit, 35" Nitto Trailer Grappler on OEM wheels, Recon Tails + 3rd Brakelight and HD Headlights, Tint) *Sold 2013

2006 Cadillac CTS-V Manual (Tint, H&R Lowering Springs, TrueForged 3-piece Wheels with 295 Nitto Invo, CAI, ported throttle body, underpulley kit, SS brake lines, Borla Catback Exhaust, Extreme Composites Cowl Hood, Lightweight Flyhweel) *Sold 2011

10270529_592579195580_9207003875420973427_n.jpg

10376945_596359998820_1398110679612000567_n.jpg

Untitled.png

Untditled.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
STARTING POINT

2018 JLU Rubicon Bright White with manual Transmission

Packages:
LED Lighting Group
Cold Weather Group
Electronic Infotainment System Grou
Jeep Active Safety Group

Body Color Hard Top
Body Color Fender Flares
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Dealer Added Options:
Tow Package (Mostly)
MOPAR Steel Bumpers

We had a bit of trouble finding a manual with everything I wanted on it, and family needs precluded ordering and waiting for one to be built. We finally located one in Georgia that was about a 90% match and my dealership reached out them to swap their automatic Rubicon, but after I put my deposit down the other dealer responded and said they had sold that vehicle.

Kudos to the dealer, they tracked down another Bright White 6MT in Tennessee, did not have the tow package, steel bumpers or black wheels but added the Cold Weather( which was on my original list) and the body painted fenders and hardtop, which I liked but kept off to save money.

We negotiated a little more and to make up for losing my first Jeep, they added the MOPAR received and trailer connector and the aux switch group for for free. I knew the Rubicon had a larger alternator to start and I will upgrade the battery down the line, so I am ok with losing those two portions of the trailer tow group. Additionally, they honored the factory option price of 1295 for the steel bumper group installed. Overall, the delay was frustrating but worth it in the end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 1- SUSPENSION AND TIRES (plus supporting mods)

OEM Rubicon wheels painted black

35” BFG KM2
Wheel Spacers TBD

Level kit w/ upgraded shocks TBD

JL Tazer

This is still subject to a lot of change before I pull the trigger. A lot of this is depending on new products being released/ feedback on products currently on the market.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
STAGE 2- EXTERIOR UPGRADES

3M Satin Black Wrap ( the same wrap as on the M3 in my second post)

Hauk Offroad Fenders (pending solution for turn signals)

JCR Classic Sliders

Maximus-3 Low Profile Striker Hoop

Mopar Trail Doors

Warn Zeon 10-S

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 3- Interior and Lighting

Katzskin Leather Interior- One color w/ diamond stitch, saddle color. Similar to the tan color interior offered by Mopar but with more brown mixed in

Mopar 5" LED lights with Mopar A-pillar mount

Inspired Engineering RGB Rocklights

Hotheads Headliner

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
PIECEMEAL UPGRADES

Borla ATAK Exhaust

Lockable trunk TBD

Mopar Grab handles - purchased not installed

Spydershade- Installed

Ace engineering Fender Liners

Alcon Big Brake System

These are various upgrades that do not fit strictly into the various stages or that I plan on doing in between stages to help scratch the Jeep itch while saving for the next stage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Aux switch bank and Mopar Steel Bumper group installed!

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Been slow going but made a few updates... still waiting on the dealer and the rear steel bumper do that has been pretty frustrating. At this point working on a refund and just go aftermarket rear, liking the ROAM.

But I got the the Maximus-3 Striker Hoop with reinforcement brackets installed... easy install and the product is what I was looking for

3DA54C37-44CC-4446-B7EC-74914CDAC5AE.jpeg

OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Then I picked up a set of OEM wheels with Risge Grappler 35’s locally and had the silver faces wrapped glossy black

Sponsored

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Been slow going but made a few updates... still waiting on the dealer and the rear steel bumper do that has been pretty frustrating. At this point working on a refund and just go aftermarket rear, liking the ROAM.

But I got the the Maximus-3 Striker Hoop with reinforcement brackets installed... easy install and the product is what I was looking fore

3DA54C37-44CC-4446-B7EC-74914CDAC5AE.jpeg
The bumper hoop looks great, is the JL specific or a JK hoop?

OP
OP
Maximusdafarmer

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
The bumper hoop looks great, is the JL specific or a JK hoop?
It’s JL specific and they have a few different styles... I ordered mine through Rubitrux

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
The rear factory steel bumper is very weak. Get a refund if you can. Alot of good one out now. Check out Motobilt also. It's stout

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
They wrapped the factory wheels? Looks great
Sponsored