Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I am about to replace my JKUR plastic front bumper and ordered one that appears to accommodate factory fogs, but I’ll see when it arrives I suppose. Many of these JL bumpers are those made for the JK, so the different brackets on some lights won’t work. That said, another solution is to get JK factory fog lights (of which there are probably thousands sitting inside old JK bumpers in back warehouses of 4x4 shops all over the country) and just upgrade the bulb. The wiring harness is the same for JL and JK fog lights.
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I don't mean between the Sahara and the plastic Rubicon bumper, I mean between the LED and the halogen fog lamps, are the mounting configurations the same?
seems the answer is no, aftermarket bumpers state usually only one or the other. Its amazing they could not make a common one, esp when they know wranglers will be getting these swapped every way you can imagine.

Also, the fog light upgrading can be pain if you go to LED you have to tell computer or it will flicker or get an aftermarket one wired to trick the computer.

I am gonna wait for the smoke to clear, some clever manufacture will make adapters or soemthing soon I am sure

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Hi all - a bit confused by all of this, so sorry for the redundant question.

Will LED fogs out of a Rubicon *plastic* bumper work in the steel bumper?

I have LED in my Rubi plastic bumper and would like to upgrade to the steel bumper and am hoping to reuse my existing fogs.

Sponsored

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
To further complicate this...

Some manufacturers state that their bumpers fit the stock fog lights of the JL. This isn't always true.

The plastic housing of the JL halogen fog lights is different than for the JK. Even though they (they being DV8) claim the JL fog lights will fit, they don't. I had to trim them down (dismantle) the plastic housing of my JL fog lights in order for them to fit. It isn't pretty but I got them to fit.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm currently working on a bumper design that will work with JL fogs, both LED and halogen. If anyone needs info on the fog lights, let me know. My OEM LED light just arrived today for testing and we have the OEM halogen versions here off our JL. As far as I can tell, the JL only has the two versions of their lights. Please let me know if someone has seen a different version.

My plan is to make it fit the JK fogs as well, so I can accommodate anyone's factory fogs.
Most of the after market bumpers only accept factory halogens, I have been serching for a bracket to be able to use my LED fog lights instead of halogens. I saw a video on youtube were the guy was installing an LOD front bumper and he showed were the LED fig light would mount and the mout is completely different and almost looks like the old JK mounts. If you make a bracket let me know i will buy it for sure.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Most of the after market bumpers only accept factory halogens, I have been serching for a bracket to be able to use my LED fog lights instead of halogens. I saw a video on youtube were the guy was installing an LOD front bumper and he showed were the LED fig light would mount and the mout is completely different and almost looks like the old JK mounts. If you make a bracket let me know i will buy it for sure.
Check out the brackets that Maximus-3 has on their site. Are those what you need? I honestly can’t remember - if those are what you need, I have them in my garage, unopened if you’re interested (I wound up not needing them).

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
Hi all - a bit confused by all of this, so sorry for the redundant question.

Will LED fogs out of a Rubicon *plastic* bumper work in the steel bumper?

I have LED in my Rubi plastic bumper and would like to upgrade to the steel bumper and am hoping to reuse my existing fogs.
did you find an answer?
thanks,

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
did you find an answer?
thanks,
I did not, because the bumper I wound up purchasing had the fogs in it already.

Everything I read indicated that a mounting bracket would be needed (and linked me to a specific product). I went ahead and purchased the mounting bracket that others had tried and confirmed would work (before purchasing my bumper).

Now, I have the required mounting bracket for each fog (new, unopened...) but no use for it. Is anyone interested in buying :)

Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
I did not, because the bumper I wound up purchasing had the fogs in it already.

Everything I read indicated that a mounting bracket would be needed (and linked me to a specific product). I went ahead and purchased the mounting bracket that others had tried and confirmed would work (before purchasing my bumper).

Now, I have the required mounting bracket for each fog (new, unopened...) but no use for it. Is anyone interested in buying :)
I'll be picking up my JLR tomorrow and when ordered, the steel bumper package was not available. I did order the LED package so I'm guessing the fog lights will be LED. If they make the price right, I'll order the steel bumper tomorrow and it appears I'll need a new bracket. If that's what you have, I'm interested.

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
Hello all, I see it’s been a while since someone has posted on this one. Please let me know if there’s been an update elsewhere!
I’ve been searching everywhere and asking certain companies, but I’ve yet to get a definitive answer for this crazy issue we all have been trying to figure out.

I have the 18 JLU Rubi with factory LED Fog Lights and plastic Rubi Bumper. I would like the Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper & 9,500 lb. Winch Combo (below) from Extreme Terrain. But the description says it can’t mount factory JL Rubi LED fogs. According the photographs from the back side, it has the 4 bolt light mount. I would like to know what mounting (2, 3 or 4 bolt) does the factory JL Rubi LED fogs with plastic Rubi Bumper have? Because I see so many different answers on this forum and other websites to find one concrete answer.
And is the Maximus-3 JL Fog Light Adapter Brackets only for 4 bolt to 2 bolt mounting options, not reversible?

Thank you all in advance!

Extreme HD Front Bumper & 9,500 lb. Winch Combo from Extreme Terrain images:
Extreme HD Front Bumper 1.png
Extreme HD Front Bumper 2.png
Extreme HD Front Bumper 3.png

Maximus-3 JL Fog Light Adapter Brackets:
Maximus-3 JL Fog Light Adapter Bracket.png

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hello all, I see it’s been a while since someone has posted on this one. Please let me know if there’s been an update elsewhere!
I’ve been searching everywhere and asking certain companies, but I’ve yet to get a definitive answer for this crazy issue we all have been trying to figure out.

I have the 18 JLU Rubi with factory LED Fog Lights and plastic Rubi Bumper. I would like the Barricade Extreme HD Front Bumper & 9,500 lb. Winch Combo (below) from Extreme Terrain. But the description says it can’t mount factory JL Rubi LED fogs. According the photographs from the back side, it has the 4 bolt light mount. I would like to know what mounting (2, 3 or 4 bolt) does the factory JL Rubi LED fogs with plastic Rubi Bumper have? Because I see so many different answers on this forum and other websites to find one concrete answer.
And is the Maximus-3 JL Fog Light Adapter Brackets only for 4 bolt to 2 bolt mounting options, not reversible?

Extreme HD Front Bumper & 9,500 lb. Winch Combo from Extreme Terrain images:
Extreme HD Front Bumper 1.png
Extreme HD Front Bumper 2.png
Extreme HD Front Bumper 3.png

Maximus-3 JL Fog Light Adapter Brackets:
Maximus-3 JL Fog Light Adapter Bracket.png
Your plastic bumper LED dogs use a square 4 hole mount.

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara

your stock lights will bolt right in. no bracket required.
Sponsored