Sponsored

JL Rubicon Bright White Owners Please Post Pics w/ Aftermarket wheels & Tires

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Thanks!
Fuel sells them in that color which they call "candy red'. I spoke to a few vendors at SEMA that had similar color bumpers and they mentioned using Prismatic Powder "Lolipop Red". They also mentioned having to chrome them first and clear after or the finish wouldn't hold up.

I rashed all the beadlock rings on my first trip out with them, and I will not be trying to match the color. The rings will end up black on mine as I don't want to deal with the difficult touch ups after every offroad trip. :like:
When I did my build, it was extremely difficult to find anything parts wise in other than black or polished aluminum and I wanted to be able to stand out a bit from the crowd but with something that was "easy on the eyes". I was wondering if that was a Prismatic Powders color. I did my wheels in "Wizard Red"...in fact, everything on my JLUR in red is "Wizard Red" from Prismatic Powders. I did my build around the end of May this year. I like the Lolipop Red though but just wasn't too sure about it. Mine also had to be chromed before the final color applied. The pictures I posted really don't do it justice as I think it looks MUCH better in person.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/w5mqs-granite-jlur-build.7003/

Anyway...was just curious what color red that was...and like I said, it looks sharp! The contrast is awesome!
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
mopar beadlocks

Resized_20180520_214340.jpeg

20180505_204734.jpg
So that's the real beadlock ring? Cuz that same wheel you can put a ring on it but it's not a beadlock ring it's a fake beadlock I'm looking at that that way I can change the wheel if I have a flat without taking the ring off

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
So that's the real beadlock ring? Cuz that same wheel you can put a ring on it but it's not a beadlock ring it's a fake beadlock I'm looking at that that way I can change the wheel if I have a flat without taking the ring off
Yes these can work in either configuration for you. No visible difference. Several people on here bought both sets of rings and hardware.

Also for simple punctures that dont require a patch you can repair as normal without need to take the rings off.

There are lots of good youtube videos for assemblingand prepping beadlocks for balancing. Small tips to avoid excessive wheel weights etc. I dont know anybody that is unhappy with these wheels.

Keep in mind that you will lose some visibility on your rear camera with this wheel as your spare. It's not terrible. I can send you a picture if you like.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes these can work in either configuration for you. No visible difference. Several people on here bought both sets of rings and hardware.

Also for simple punctures that dont require a patch you can repair as normal without need to take the rings off.

There are lots of good youtube videos for assemblingand prepping beadlocks for balancing. Small tips to avoid excessive wheel weights etc. I dont know anybody that is unhappy with these wheels.

Keep in mind that you will lose some visibility on your rear camera with this wheel as your spare. It's not terrible. I can send you a picture if you like.
yes please post a picture of what you lose how bad it is and what the non beadlock ring the one other one if I have that one on there can I not take the wheel off without taking that ring off since it's not a real beadlock or do they still have to have every bolt come off

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
yes please post a picture of what you lose how bad it is and what the non bead lock ring the one other one if I have that one on there can I not take the wheel off without taking that ring off since it's not a real bead lock or do they still have to have every bolt come off
And why is this wheel $350 because it's Mopar I guess there's got to be wheels that look just like this with the ring and everything for a lot less is there ?maybe maybe not I don't know everyone gets this will a lot of people I have seen some of the bead lock wheels but I don't know how expensive they ar

Last edited:

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Ya there's nothing good to be said about price. But it's really hard to find beadlocks that aren't in extreme negative offsets.

Anyways here's a pic of the viewing area you lose on the rear camera with this wheel mounted as spare.

20181222_110158.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Bb. NM
Ya there's nothing good to be said about price. But it's really hard to find beadlocks that aren't in extreme negative offsets.

Anyways here's a pic of the viewing area you lose on the rear camera with this wheel mounted as spare.

20181222_110158.jpg
That's not too bad I really don't see much difference

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
37x13.5 Toyo RT's 17X9 Dirty Life wheels. Waiting on the real beadlock rings to come in. I chose the -38 offset, still undecided if it's too much or not.

20181222_125451.jpg

20181222_125539.jpg

20181222_150026.jpg

20181218_195640.jpg

20181218_122855.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
37x13.5 Toyo RT's 17X9 Dirty Life wheels. Waiting on the real beadlock rings to come in. I chose the -38 offset, still undecided if it's too much or not.

20181222_125451.jpg

20181222_125539.jpg

20181222_150026.jpg

20181218_195640.jpg

20181218_122855.jpg
I thought about getting a 37-13 5 but went with the 12:50 because everyone said it would ride kind of squirrel and try to walk going down the road do you have that problem? And my buddy at Discount Tire said he had seen some JLs come in already two of them with front-end damage because of the 13.50 that extra inch makes a difference.can you post a picture from the front view I want to see how much wider it looks compared to my 37 12.50 thanks

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about getting a 37-13 5 but went with the 12:50 because everyone said it would ride kind of squirrel and try to walk going down the road do you have that problem? And my buddy at Discount Tire said he had seen some JLs come in already two of them with front-end damage because of the 13.50 that extra inch makes a difference.can you post a picture from the front view I want to see how much wider it looks compared to my 37 12.50 thanks
I don't have enough miles on them nor any experience with anything comparable to give much of a opinion. I drove it for a day with stock tires on my lift and it did drive better with the stock tires for sure. I haven't messed with it to try to get it drive better but even the way it is now it's not that bad. That said I knew 13.5 wide tires on a -38 offeset wheel might not be the best for street driving. Luckily I have 2 other vehicles I can drive.

Anyway my tires are not a full blown mud tire so even though they are a 13.5 tire they are only marginally larger than some of the 12.5 mud tires. Here's a pic from the front.

20181222_125548.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
20180827_195729.jpg
I don't have enough miles on them nor any experience with anything comparable to give much of a opinion. I drove it for a day with stock tires on my lift and it did drive better with the stock tires for sure. I haven't messed with it to try to get it drive better but even the way it is now it's not that bad. That said I knew 13.5 wide tires on a -38 offeset wheel might not be the best for street driving. Luckily I have 2 other vehicles I can drive.

Anyway my tires are not a full blown mud tire so even though they are a 13.5 tire they are only marginally larger than some of the 12.5 mud tires. Here's a pic from the front.

20181222_125548.jpg
I hear you I did the same thing day I put the tires on it I went right and got a lift 2 days later I was driving at those tires of the best I have the exact same tires.after 42 years of driving I've had nothing but my tires are all my trucks and jeeps I just got tired of the way they cut out no matter what even if you rotate them over 4000 they still come out and the noise even though the Cooper SST Pro is one of them quiet is out there I've had to tell you no mud no one told me my friend that the managers Discount Tire try this tire you'll love it and I'm so glad I did Just Tires awesome you get two choices on the sidewall as you know it has an aggressive look like a mud tire almost but it's at high retire as quiet as can be and to me I think it's very aggressive looking to be so quiet. Best tire I've ever had mine is a D rating in the 12.5 where yours is E rated that was I was worried about it because it's an E rated the tire it might be a more stiffer ride. Here's a picture of mine does it look like yours is any wider being it's a inch wider ?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20180827_195729.jpg

I hear you I did the same thing day I put the tires on it I went right and got a lift 2 days later I was driving at those tires of the best I have the exact same tires.after 42 years of driving I've had nothing but my tires are all my trucks and jeeps I just got tired of the way they cut out no matter what even if you rotate them over 4000 they still come out and the noise even though the Cooper SST Pro is one of them quiet is out there I've had to tell you no mud no one told me my friend that the managers Discount Tire try this tire you'll love it and I'm so glad I did Just Tires awesome you get two choices on the sidewall as you know it has an aggressive look like a mud tire almost but it's at high retire as quiet as can be and to me I think it's very aggressive looking to be so quiet. Best tire I've ever had mine is a D rating in the 12.5 where yours is E rated that was I was worried about it because it's an E rated the tire it might be a more stiffer ride. Here's a picture of mine does it look like yours is any wider being it's a inch wider ?
Your tires are also made by Toyo and the comparison between the 2 tires size for size I'm sure is pretty close. That said I'd bet mine are about a inch wider than your 12.5s but probably the same as the 13.5 version of your tires.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Your tires are also made by Toyo and the comparison between the 2 tires size for size I'm sure is pretty close. That said I'd bet mine are about a inch wider than your 12.5s but probably the same as the 13.5 version of your tires.
Yes I know they're both made in the same place and then marketed and sold separate over here
Sponsored