Metalcloak

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLR
The Metalcloak 3.5" Game-Changer Suspension, made famous (infamous?) on the JK platform, has been shipping now for a couple months for the JLUR and now is tested and available for the JLU.

A full and complete kit that includes all 8 Kevlar-infused Duroflex Control Arms, front and rear Durotrak Track Bars, front and rear adjustable Bump Stops, front and rear extended sway bar links, and our signature True Dual Rate coils that do not need special isolators to prevent bowing.

You can see some of these products and a few others in this video featuring the "legendary" John Cappa:

7630-2.jpg

The kits are available in either the 6Pak Edition (15" Travel 6Paks front and rear) or the Long Travel RockSport Edition (12" Travel front and rear).

7631-2.jpg

Also available in a no-shock edition.

7632-2.jpg

Learn more at Metalcloak.com

P.S... 2.5" and 2-Door Kits Coming Soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thank you, so what would your estimate be on the max lift height before needing replacement? 3”?
When we bought our lift from John he suggested getting the new DS. Said when these flex the boots are getting torn due to the large diameter of the factory DS. Figured it’s cheap insurance and I’ll keep the factory as a backup. Would be a pain to fix in the trail but back at my truck I have air tools which would help a ton

Brett

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
When we bought our lift from John he suggested getting the new DS. Said when these flex the boots are getting torn due to the large diameter of the factory DS. Figured it’s cheap insurance and I’ll keep the factory as a backup. Would be a pain to fix in the trail but back at my truck I have air tools which would help a ton

Brett
Makes sense for sure. I have run into several people on the trail freaking out their “Jeep was broken” and it was a ripped DS boot. I have already planned on getting front and rear with my lift to be safe, but I haven’t really seen much info about where the line is. My first two JK’s only had 2.5” lifts and I had the 2” MOPAR lift on my last JKUR (with added 3/4” spacers), but that came with a front shaft and I never had problems in the rear.

Sponsored

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why is this item listed as 2.5/3.5?

JL Wrangler Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5"/3.5", RockSport Edition

Can it be either or does it depend on the starting Model?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Why is this item listed as 2.5/3.5?

JL Wrangler Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5"/3.5", RockSport Edition

Can it be either or does it depend on the starting Model?
Spring lengths will change depending what you select

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm thinking of picking up a game changer 3.5 in an auction, but not sure if it has the sway bar disconnect or the extension. Can I buy the correct piece separately if it's not the right one? Maybe trade it in :)

Is this the right one?
https://metalcloak.com/jl-sway-bar-link-extension-kit-12.html
Sponsored