Sponsored

What to do with Frame/Body Mount Damage?

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Went out to AoAA in PA for my first time ever this weekend. Looking at the damage I did, seems like I bent up one of the body mount brackets along with the LoD slider bracket. Is this a big issue that I should get repaired?

IMG_20181028_132125.jpg
IMG_20181028_132149.jpg
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Nothing is broke, business as usual.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bending an LOD slider seems like it would require a pretty strong hit? Was this the case or was it something else. I'm look at different rocker solutions and this would be a major drawback if after one hit they bend

OP
OP
x7tristan

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Bending an LOD slider seems like it would require a pretty strong hit? Was this the case or was it something else. I'm look at different rocker solutions and this would be a major drawback if after one hit they bend
It was a heavy hit and also in a place the slider wasn't meant to protect. I was essentially sliding on the frame area instead of the actual slider part. Given the area I did hit, and the force of it, I think the LoD slider held up really well. With LoD's customer service and quality parts, don't be afraid to pull the trigger on LoD!

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I wouldn’t worry about it. Clean it and spray some paint on it to resist rust and go do it again.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I wouldn't worry about it either. You can always beat it back relatively straight, clean it up, and throw another bead on it.

If that section was any stronger, you might have more damage. Having it give as much as it did is a good thing.

Jeep on. Nothing to worry about.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I'm normally just a "run it as it is" kind of person, but I'd fix that. Or course, it's easier for me to say, as I have the equipment. But that mount can not support the body. Additionally, it appears that the mount may actually be pulling the body down.

OP
OP
x7tristan

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm normally just a "run it as it is" kind of person, but I'd fix that. Or course, it's easier for me to say, as I have the equipment. But that mount can not support the body. Additionally, it appears that the mount may actually be pulling the body down.
Thanks for the advice, I've been looking around my area for a reputable off road shop to do the repairs.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The actual body mount only got clipped a little, the slider mount bracket took the brunt of the hit and tore off from the weld a little (not sure everyone posting looked at real close). So I don't think you have much to worry about as far as the frame / body / body mount, that looks fine. But yea, the bracket for the slider took a pretty good hit so it could some love at some point, but it's not really hurting anything. Might as well wait till after a few more off road trips and then fix everything at once. :)

OP
OP
x7tristan

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The actual body mount only got clipped a little, the slider mount bracket took the brunt of the hit and tore off from the weld a little (not sure everyone posting looked at real close). So I don't think you have much to worry about as far as the frame / body / body mount, that looks fine. But yea, the bracket for the slider took a pretty good hit so it could some love at some point, but it's not really hurting anything. Might as well wait till after a few more off road trips and then fix everything at once. :)
Thanks for taking a look and adding your assessment!
Sponsored