JL death wobble and wandering fixed

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Oh maybe you have been under a rock? Have you missed where stock jeeps are having the issue? Did you miss where we specifically said this fixed our jeep and that people may not have the same issue or where we said DW can be from dozens of different problems? This steering kit made the jeep feel and steer significantly better than ever before and if you think you know otherwise, maybe you should try it, drive someone’s jeep with it and feel the difference. Hell, come drive my Jeep. I’d love for you to drive my Jeep and let everyone know what you really think AFTER you have at least driven a Jeep with the upgraded parts.
Carnage isn’t jeeping? Your attitude isn’t jeeping. I’m here testing products trying to help the community and you are over here throwing shade.
My offer stands, come drive my Jeep and give YOUR impression AFTER you have given it, not before.
Well said!
I have a horrible condition of wobble!
Without any root cause, meaning no loose ball joint, no premature wear on any joints at all. Ran the unit without the stabilizer and you wouldn't believe the video had you not seen it for yourself. I have replaced each component with SteerSmarts products (drag link, tierod, trackbar). No stabilizer is attached as of yet, drives 100% better.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Oh maybe you have been under a rock? Have you missed where stock jeeps are having the issue? Did you miss where we specifically said this fixed our jeep and that people may not have the same issue or where we said DW can be from dozens of different problems? This steering kit made the jeep feel and steer significantly better than ever before and if you think you know otherwise, maybe you should try it, drive someone’s jeep with it and feel the difference. Hell, come drive my Jeep. I’d love for you to drive my Jeep and let everyone know what you really think AFTER you have at least driven a Jeep with the upgraded parts.
Carnage isn’t jeeping? Your attitude isn’t jeeping. I’m here testing products trying to help the community and you are over here throwing shade.
My offer stands, come drive my Jeep and give YOUR impression AFTER you have given it, not before.
I mean, I'll come test drive it. Bring it to EJS.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
It is a Rubicon, not a KIA sorento. Brite Lite uses the vehicle as intended and is a great source of information.
Hey Hey now. I'm trading my Kia Sorento SXL-V6 for a 19 Mojito Sahara. The Sorento is a well made and actually well equipped vehicle that is one of the few actually built to go off-road from it's first introduction. It CAN go off road, it would shock you what it can actually do. As for reliability, Kia is top 5 of everything out there. That's true, but I am worried about the reliability of the Jeep/Fiat Chrysler Wrangler, but I really really want one after a 20 year vacation from Jeeps. My ordered 19 should be delivered around mid January. I hope it's as amazing as my fantasies have taken me in it.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Hey Hey now. I'm trading my Kia Sorento SXL-V6 for a 19 Mojito Sahara. The Sorento is a well made and actually well equipped vehicle that is one of the few actually built to go off-road from it's first introduction. It CAN go off road, it would shock you what it can actually do. As for reliability, Kia is top 5 of everything out there. That's true, but I am worried about the reliability of the Jeep/Fiat Chrysler Wrangler, but I really really want one after a 20 year vacation from Jeeps. My ordered 19 should be delivered around mid January. I hope it's as amazing as my fantasies have taken me in it.
Ok, good, LOL:ontheloo::whew:

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I wish their website would piece kits together for the JL. I noticed you have to kind of piece around. I don't see an option for the TOP MOUNT TiE-ROD assembly for the JL. Unless i"m missing something. Also, if I'm only lifting 2-3".5" would I need to go Top mount at all? I'm building my jeep as mainly an overland vehicle and not so much for rock crawling.

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Death wobble fixed....
Rather than respond to a negative post I thought my time would be better spend in another manner. To wit, even though our JLU Sport will remain relatively stock I'd like to thank you and Britney for showing the world what a Jeep is capable of with the right driver and spotter.
Keep doing what you two do, and thanks for sharing it with us all. :jk:

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Rather than respond to a negative post I thought my time would be better spend in another manner. To wit, even though our JLU Sport will remain relatively stock I'd like to thank you and Britney for showing the world what a Jeep is capable of with the right driver and spotter.
Keep doing what you two do, and thanks for sharing it with us all. :jk:
Thank you. We truly appreciate the support we get from the majority of the community. There’s always going to be a few grumpy people or whatever but it’s the majority that matter and we truly appreciate it. Thank you for the positive message

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I wish their website would piece kits together for the JL. I noticed you have to kind of piece around. I don't see an option for the TOP MOUNT TiE-ROD assembly for the JL. Unless i"m missing something. Also, if I'm only lifting 2-3".5" would I need to go Top mount at all? I'm building my jeep as mainly an overland vehicle and not so much for rock crawling.
Above 3” you want the top mount / drag link flip kit. If not then no, just do the regular one. For an overland vehicle I would suggest the attenuator to be added as well. They have been extremely busy with orders and I’ve been trying to work with them on their website. So 2-2.5” lift regular drag link. 3”++ drag link flip. If you do the flip you need the track bar relocation bracket like we have

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well said!
I have a horrible condition of wobble!
Without any root cause, meaning no loose ball joint, no premature wear on any joints at all. Ran the unit without the stabilizer and you wouldn't believe the video had you not seen it for yourself. I have replaced each component with SteerSmarts products (drag link, tierod, trackbar). No stabilizer is attached as of yet, drives 100% better.
Awesome to hear that!!!! I know the steersmarts kit is 100% worth the money for how it improved the JL on and off road.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
True, but the Rubicon trail is not where the KIA shines. Obliviously, the stock JLUR would conquer where no other would.

pops11rado

First Name
Pops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Impala SS, '11 Silverado
First, I have absolutely no experience with West Texas’s “fix” for the Death Wobble, as in comparing without and with experience.

However, having all kinds of experiences with suspension, here’s my 2 cents-worth.

Maybe much lower parts-costs; don’t know price of the W.T. parts (I didn’t try that hard but couldn’t find at https://westtexasoffroadcenter.com):

Steering damper? I recommend Bilstein or FOX. Need different Link and Frame Bracket?

My thoughts on what might couple with the suspension to drive DW:

Alignment – maybe just a tad more toe-in? Re-set alignment after lift kit? Is toe-change faster in Lift Mode?

Tire force variation more than about 25 lbs? That is, as the tire rotates each time, the radial force can be measured and if the numbers from max to min become high, lots of issues can arise. Then, depending on lots of other suspension/chassis parameters, the feel of the vehicle can become annoying. Think of the tire as a system of radially-positioned springs between the wheel-rim and the tire patch. Turns out no tire is built with 0 force variation…

Tires themselves by brand, size, tread pattern, sidewall strength, etc.

Make sure all the joints are up to spec-tight.
Sponsored