Learners Permit

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Actually, yes I think it should. We really should require new drivers to drive in snow/ice so they have an experienced driver there with them to teach them how to handle less than ideal conditions. I think new drivers who get all the practice in the summer are at a disadvantage to those who learned in the winter months. Just my $.02 tough.
Besides it looks like a good time. :like:

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Actually, yes I think it should. We really should require new drivers to drive in snow/ice so they have an experienced driver there with them to teach them how to handle less than ideal conditions. I think new drivers who get all the practice in the summer are at a disadvantage to those who learned in the winter months. Just my $.02 tough.
Besides it looks like a good time. :like:
I agree

OP
OP
Salty Rubi

Salty Rubi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
It was great for him. He asked if he could slam on brakes and make it slide. Took him several trys to figure out how much pressure to apply and got to feel the anti lock brakes. Hopefully he learned from the experience.

Reactions: JC7

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It was great for him. He asked if he could slam on brakes and make it slide. Took him several trys to figure out how much pressure to apply and got to feel the anti lock brakes. Hopefully he learned from the experience.
I did the same with my newly licensed son. After the first snowfall, and before the plows came, I took him out. We practiced shifting into and out of both 4H and 4L, “rocking” between 1st and reverse (my Jeep is a manual), accelerating way too fast for conditions to feel the wheels slip and fishtail, and slamming on the brakes to engage antilock. Needless to say, he had a blast (and so did I).

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Was great to use some off road time to teach about moving vehicle between some rocks. I will admit that I was nervous she was going to scratch a wheel.

20181121_110459.jpg
Sponsored