JT Email Survey

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Pretty cool touch from Jeep, as I signed up for new updates and got an email from Jeep seeking my input on the overall design and for improvement suggestions. I was very complimentary of the JT, but did add that I would like to have had the designers find a way to get an inch or two worth of recline on the rear seat and to please price it as close to the JL as possible. I'd be interested to hear what others offered up.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I didn’t sign up as I am on here and get info that way. There are a few things I would maybe tweak but what really needs to change is the soft top needs to fold all the way down. Since there have been no images I am not sure everyone realizes how dumb this will look if it only folds back and stays above the rear seat passengers head (sun rider style). This is a horrible design!

OP
OP
lrtexasman

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I didn’t sign up as I am on here and get info that way. There are a few things I would maybe tweak but what really needs to change is the soft top needs to fold all the way down. Since there have been no images I am not sure everyone realizes how dumb this will look if it only folds back and stays above the rear seat passengers head (sun rider style). This is a horrible design!
I say sign up and let them know...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I told them great job on turning the wrangler into a very capable truck. Thanked them for not just tossing a bed on a JL.

Here it comes folks... I'm going to be accused of hijacking this thread... I told the that they need to now spend some time on putting a 2door long bed together.

I also said that we have waited a long time for this truck and that if at all posable release it with a few more color options than it looks like they plan on. Don't make us wait around on the colors we want.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Will do, just wondering why I am the only one with this concern.
Your not if I get an e-mail from them, I will be recommending a way for the top to go all the way down, a option to add half doors from the factory, ability for back seat to recline just a little bit, and to not make us wait for colors or at least release a couple of the early.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
It does not only fold back and stay above the rear seat. It comes completely off. It looks like it does this very simply and very quickly. You can store it in the back seat or in the bed.

It will fold back sun rider style in 25 sec. It will come off completely in 1 min 25 sec. The horror!

OP
OP
lrtexasman

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I told them great job on turning the wrangler into a very capable truck. Thanked them for not just tossing a bed on a JL.

Here it comes folks... I'm going to be accused of hijacking this thread... I told the that they need to now spend some time on putting a 2door long bed together.

I also said that we have waited a long time for this truck and that if at all posable release it with a few more color options than it looks like they plan on. Don't make us wait around on the colors we want.
That was the right spot to let them know.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does not only fold back and stay above the rear seat. It comes completely off. It looks like it does this very simply and very quickly. You can store it in the back seat or in the bed.

It will fold back sun rider style in 25 sec. It will come off completely in 1 min 25 sec. The horror!
Source on that? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere. I realize that this is a different top than any wrangler in the past, not having side windows and all, however to my knowledge there has never been a rag top that you take the support brackets, rails, and structure off completely unless you were changing to the hard top for the season. If what you say is true, then no problems, but when I pushed Cassie from besttop on the issue she did not indicate that was the plan. All I am saying is I want to be able to go full open cab fairly easy, not just sun rider position. I hope you are right.

Last edited:

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Source on that? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere. I realize that this is a different top than any wrangler in the past, not having side windows and all, however to my knowledge there have never been a rag top that you take the support brackets, rails, and structure off completely unless you were changing to the hard top for the season. If what you say is true, then no problems, but when I pushed Cassie from best top on the issue she did not indicate that was the plan. All I am saying is I want to be able to go full open cab fairly easy, not just sun rider position. I hope you are right.
Almost every Galdiator we've seen has had the top removed, of course it can be - what are you talking about? And the JK and JL tops can both be easily removed - I could take my JK lid off in a quick minute after a bit of practice. And now I'll have a bed to store it in!

Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
I thought the survey was nice touch as well. I asked for Led lighting package on all models with a pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I did the survey, let them know in my comments that they will not get my business or my money if they price it: intentionally expensive.

Told them I must take a wait and see approach until they announce the price for this truck.
Sponsored