Cut fenders?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Mine is missing a bracket that the artec piece would bolt to. Cut it off before we left for moab before I knew they used that. One day I'll design another piece to put in place. Even without that though it is really sturdy.

The inners are also artec. They fit great and look really good.

20180612_192648.jpg
This looks really tough, I like it. I'm assuming you had to have the brackets powder coated yourself?
Sponsored

ACastro

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU&2018 JK
Are you running spacers?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Ended up getting some brackets from artec. Fixed the floppy fender issue and added some marker lights at the same time.

20180612_192146.jpg

20180612_192212.jpg

20180612_192214.jpg
Took me a second to realize you were running Artec's inner fenders. How do you like them?

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I’m waiting for aftermarket fenders, though it feels like forever, I hate the factories
Every aftermarket stubby fender I've seen so far does not provide as much clearance as the OEM Rubicon fenders (with the bottom pieces removed). It's unfortunate. I believe that's why no one is purchasing them.....................or at least I haven't seen anyone with them installed yet. Metal Cloak definitely has the nicest ones in my opinion. They have an LED light on the front like the OEM ones.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is missing a bracket that the artec piece would bolt to. Cut it off before we left for moab before I knew they used that. One day I'll design another piece to put in place. Even without that though it is really sturdy.

The inners are also artec. They fit great and look really good.

20180612_192648.jpg
Dude, that is just frackin' sick. Nicely done..

I seriously want someone's paintable Rubicon fender take offs. Preferably in Ocean Blue. Then I'm going to do this to my Jeep.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl sport
good morning
Could you please share how you removed the bottom piece off the rubicon fenders? I’m having a hard time figuring out how to detach the pins that hold the lower plastic trim on the painted part without destroying the whole setup. I’d like to have the ability to put it back on when i need to
Ended up getting some brackets from artec. Fixed the floppy fender issue and added some marker lights at the same time.

20180612_192146.jpg

20180612_192212.jpg

20180612_192214.jpg
You are right. It's just the Sahara and Rubicon that have the two piece flares. The sport though has the same lines from what I saw. Just follow the line and trim away. Just a note the flares when separated are a little flimsy since all the support is removed. They are plastic welded together. Just a few good tugs and they split in two. I did a quick temp led light up in the fender for now. When it gets back from its trip I have a more permanent solution to it

20180316_231631.jpg

SubZero_JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Military

20180612_192146.jpg

20180612_192212.jpg

20180612_192214.jpg
I like the Artec blinker mounts! I saw the same ones and was thinking of getting them if I cut my fenders on my Sport. I don't want to cut them because I am afraid of how they will look close up, don't want them to look chopped to hell! Right now I have the 2" MOPAR lift with 37" tires. Only rubs when wheeling.

For anyone looking for the Artec fender blinkers here is the link
https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_Fender_Chop

Also, if you're interested in the license plate delete kit from Artec I have it below as well. Just ordered mine! I like it because it is 100% plug and play!
https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_Spare_Delete_PC

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Have ordered 10 kits just to have them on hand.. he is an awesome fella and does it on his own. He will be shipping very soon!!
This is from a new company and they are saying it will release in january. Might give the rugged ridge sema option a run for its money. Be warned they are taking money now but it is a risk that you take till it is actually released and on other jeeps.

https://americanadventurelab.com/pr...FwpPCS4vupLUPOXT1CyCgRf-HgjMvi60wTOxkYeCUcQO0

IMG_20181203_074956.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
This is from a new company and they are saying it will release in january. Might give the rugged ridge sema option a run for its money. Be warned they are taking money now but it is a risk that you take till it is actually released and on other jeeps.

https://americanadventurelab.com/pr...FwpPCS4vupLUPOXT1CyCgRf-HgjMvi60wTOxkYeCUcQO0

IMG_20181203_074956.jpg
I think these will be replacing my Artec fender chop kit once available. I really want a set of aftermarket fenders, but none seem to provide more clearance than the stock "chopped" Rubicon flares. I like that these keep that distinct JL look. I've had too many people ask me what year my JK was :headbang:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Have ordered 10 kits just to have them on hand.. he is an awesome fella and does it on his own. He will be shipping very soon!!

Do you run a 4x4 shop? If so, gimmie your info brother.

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I really like the fender chop look. Can anyone say how much extra clearance is gained by doing it?
I have seen builds with a 2" lift with modded Rubi fenders running 40's. Off roading also

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
I have seen builds with a 2" lift with modded Rubi fenders running 40's. Off roading also
Yea, my plan is to run 37's on a 2 door with no lift, or as little lift as possible and still be able to moderately wheel. Just curious if anyone actually put a number to it.
Sponsored