Sponsored

Trail Recommendation On Colorado Front Range

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have a JLUR in JB status. I am not a beginner off-road but never done anything Hard core. I don’t plan on modifying the Rubicon, thus the reason I bought it. Where are some awesome places to go explore within a few hours of Denver? O know there are tons of spots. Help me find the gems!

Geoff
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
C0D96C67-69EE-4CC3-8B74-8438E508EE22.jpeg
Moab should be your first stop. It’s a perfect place to break her in and get to know how much of a mountain goat it is.

OP
OP
Geos7812

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I like your style, but I wouldn’t say that Moab is the The Front Range. I will definitely make it there. However, for this I am thinking like within 2 hours of DENVER for day trips. What do you have for me there? I am getting excited as hell and want to start researching. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I like your style, but I wouldn’t say that Moab is the The Front Range. I will definitely make it there. However, for this I am thinking like within 2 hours of DENVER for day trips. What do you have for me there? I am getting excited as hell and want to start researching. Thanks a bunch for the help.
Right outside of Boulder you’ll find what you’re looking for. Get the AllTrails app and start exploring. To get you into the area look for info on North Gross Jeep Trail: Road 68

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb

Sponsored

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Easy one outside of Boulder is Switzerland trail. +1 to the book recommendation above. Plenty of options in that general area.

OP
OP
Geos7812

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Easy one outside of Boulder is Switzerland trail. +1 to the book recommendation above. Plenty of options in that general area.
Thanks. That looks like a nice drive. I have bought the COLORADO Baxkroads book along with another called COLORADO trails. I am getting loaded up. Now I just need a Jeep. ;)

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Thanks. That looks like a nice drive. I have bought the COLORADO Baxkroads book along with another called COLORADO trails. I am getting loaded up. Now I just need a Jeep. ;)
It's a great drive. If you want a little fun you can hit the Pennsylvania Gulch off of it.

I like this site: https://www.trailsoffroad.com

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
There are many resources for trails on the front range. Check out Trails Offroad, it is a great resource for trails, and provides descriptions, pictures as well as the ability to download .gpx files to load onto your device.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/states/CO

camprats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubicon
This one does not have the Front Range, but it has quite a few on the Western Slope if you get adventuresome.

JeepTheUSA.com

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Geos,

I live in Erie. The best resource for finding trails around here is https://www.trailsoffroad.com.

Switzerland trail is a nice easy trail. Peewink is even easier and closer (right off the canyon). There are A LOT of more challenging trails in the area too. Some are closed right now, due to snow. One of my favorites is Kingston Peak, just south of Ned, off Rollinsville. Unfortunately that’s closed until spring. The views there are breathtaking.

OP
OP
Geos7812

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hi Geos,

I live in Erie. The best resource for finding trails around here is https://www.trailsoffroad.com.

Switzerland trail is a nice easy trail. Peewink is even easier and closer (right off the canyon). There are A LOT of more challenging trails in the area too. Some are closed right now, due to snow. One of my favorites is Kingston Peak, just south of Ned, off Rollinsville. Unfortunately that’s closed until spring. The views there are breathtaking.
Hey thanks a lot. That is good stuff. Seems like a quick trip to Boulder County is a place to start. Now I just need a Jeep. I have the resources but am looking for first hand advice like this. Thanks

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. There are several other people from around the area that post here. The LiteBrite YouTube videos are from a couple that live in Colorado Springs. They've got several vids for Colorado trails.

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
Kingston Peak behind St. Marys glacier is a favorite. Not sure if its open this time of year.

Here is a link to a whole lotta trails in Colorado and a few outside the state. --> https://traildamage.com