Wiring bumper mounted fog lights without AUX kit

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2Dr
I plan to mount some 6-7" LED fog lights to the front bumper, but do not have the factory AUX kit. Can these be wired in a different way? Is there a problem with having them turn on and off with the factory fog lights?

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
raiken1

raiken1

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2Dr
I think he replaced his existing fog lights. I’m looking to add new lights and keep my existing ones.

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
I would just recommend buying or using a standard wire harness if you lights did or didn't come with one it is easy to adapt.

Your other options is to run something like an MLC-6. SPOD, Switch Pros, and I know there is a company making copies of the OEM switches but I have no experience with those.

To have them turn on and off with the foglights require some custom wiring, tapping into the OEM fog light wire or circuit and using that as a signal wire on a relay to power the secondary lights you added. I couldn't recommend that as we have never done it on a JL.

I don't see the appeal of that since the fog lights turn off when the high beams are on, and if you're adding 7" LEDs, you are wanting some serious light output, why not have them work with the high beams as well (since they aren't being used on the street)
Sponsored