Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Uh OH...
In my emails with Anthony at ROAM I asked this specific question about a ZEON 10s. I ordered the new version of the rock rails, the mid height Slimline front bumper and am on the list for the Slimline rear. Thanks for this TTEChris! I actually started checking out ROAM products due to your awesome first hand experience and wright ups!
Thanks,
-H
Anytime, happy I can help!
I just realized Warn sells a relocation kit for the control pack on the Zeon winches.
https://www.warn.com/control-pack-relocation-kit-89960
It may fit with that kit, but they would know better than me if the winch body itself will fit inside the bumper. I know I've seen the Warn VR series mounted inside that bumper. :beer:
Sponsored

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Finished installing my 4-8" @ROAM coilover kit on my JL. It's currently sitting too high for my liking, but I will remedy that shortly.
The shock travel is impressive, and even though it sits as high as it does it doesn't ride/handle much different than my wife's JL.
sm1.jpg
sm1.jpg
sm.jpg
sm1.jpg
sm2.jpg

Awesome!!

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Are you asking if you trim the fenders will brackets be required to firm them up like the artec brackets for the Rubicon? If so, I'm not sure since I havent tried it yet on the Sport but in the current configuration those sport fenders are drastically limiting her shock uptravel. I may try "chopping" them the next time she doesnt need the Jeep for a couple days.

Looks great!

We are at an offroad park in Marble Falls, TX having some fun. I wish we had a third person to take more pictures.
20181123_171721~2.jpg

20181124_163514~3.jpg
:rock::rock:

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
@TTEChris

Thank you for putting all this info out there! Your thread single handedly made me go with @ROAM for bumpers... I’ll prob go with them for the sliders as well depending on how others report them holding up to actual use.

I was wondering how your fuel zephyrs are holding up when you air down... in regards to leaking air. I love the look of them and would rather go with them over the kmc beadlocks.

Have the roam rock sliders held up well to impacts without deforming too much?

Many thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
@TTEChris

Thank you for putting all this info out there! Your thread single handedly made me go with @ROAM for bumpers... I’ll prob go with them for the sliders as well depending on how others report them holding up to actual use.

I was wondering how your fuel zephyrs are holding up when you air down... in regards to leaking air. I love the look of them and would rather go with them over the kmc beadlocks.

Have the roam rock sliders held up well to impacts without deforming too much?

Many thanks!

No problem, @ROAM makes some quality/innovative products.

My wife landed her steps/sliders on a couple rocks on our last wheeling trip. They were not side impacts, but bottom up impacts and they didn't budge. I was spotting her and knew there was no way around it so I made sure to pay close attention as she was making contact. My only fear with them as an actual slider would be how close to the body they sit(Which also makes them so attractive.) A hard side impact would worry me.

My Zephyrs are holding up great. They do not leak at all regardless of pressure. I am running them between 23-25psi on road, and 7-8psi offroad. My ONLY complaint about them is that replacement rings are insanely expensive at close to $200 a piece. Three of my four have rash after our last trip. I wanted to get a spare set that I could take off the damaged set, clean them up and send to my powder coated without any down time. At close to $1000 for the set of 5 I thought I would pass and live with the rash. One other minor thing that I love on the KMC's is the two piece metal center cap vs the plastic Fuel cap.

A Coupe updates to our builds. With our new 2019 2dr Mojito @TankCustomsAlex purchased I now have to find time to work on three JL's. :time:

My wife added a set of ROAM flat fenders which allowed her to go from 3" rear bumpstops to 1". I haven't had time to remove the front springs, but I believe we should be able to get rid of the 2" front stops entirely.
We also added a set of black grille inserts.
front.jpg
rear.jpg

4.jpg

On mine, I added a 20" Rigid Radiance Light bar to my front bumper.
20181204_181155_resized.jpg
20181204_175550_resized.jpg
20181204_180223_resized.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No problem, @ROAM makes some quality/innovative products.

My wife landed her steps/sliders on a couple rocks on our last wheeling trip. They were not side impacts, but bottom up impacts and they didn't budge. I was spotting her and knew there was no way around it so I made sure to pay close attention as she was making contact. My only fear with them as an actual slider would be how close to the body they sit(Which also makes them so attractive.) A hard side impact would worry me.

My Zephyrs are holding up great. They do not leak at all regardless of pressure. I am running them between 23-25psi on road, and 7-8psi offroad. My ONLY complaint about them is that replacement rings are insanely expensive at close to $200 a piece. Three of my four have rash after our last trip. I wanted to get a spare set that I could take off the damaged set, clean them up and send to my powder coated without any down time. At close to $1000 for the set of 5 I thought I would pass and live with the rash. One other minor thing that I love on the KMC's is the two piece metal center cap vs the plastic Fuel cap.

A Coupe updates to our builds. With our new 2019 2dr Mojito @TankCustomsAlex purchased I now have to find time to work on three JL's. :time:

My wife added a set of ROAM flat fenders which allowed her to go from 3" rear bumpstops to 1". I haven't had time to remove the front springs, but I believe we should be able to get rid of the 2" front stops entirely.
We also added a set of black grille inserts.
front.jpg
rear.jpg

4.jpg

On mine, I added a 20" Rigid Radiance Light bar to my front bumper.
20181204_181155_resized.jpg
20181204_175550_resized.jpg
20181204_180223_resized.jpg
How much do the front and rear fenders cost?also my wheels and I are close to yours are on the black one that you had I had the message trying to sell them what did you get for your wheels or did you keep them

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
How much do the front and rear fenders cost?also my wheels and I are close to yours are on the black one that you had I had the message trying to sell them what did you get for your wheels or did you keep them
Are you reffering to the KMC Beadlocks/Coopers I had on my white Rubicon? I sold those a while back, I can't recall exactly what I got for them.

@ROAM has the fenders listed for $889 on their website, I would contact them about availability if you are interested.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Are you reffering to the KMC Beadlocks/Coopers I had on my white Rubicon? I sold those a while back, I can't recall exactly what I got for them.

@ROAM has the fenders listed for $889 on their website, I would contact them about availability if you are interested.
Yes on the wheels and that's a fair price on those fenders. Is that for front and rear? I can't believe somes companies want $1,700 for the fenders. that's ridiculous no matter how good they look I'm not paying 1700 for fenders

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yes on the wheels and that's a fair price on those fenders. Is that for front and rear? I can't believe somes companies want $1,700 for the fenders. that's ridiculous no matter how good they look I'm not paying 1700 for fenders
That price is for the full set. I agree, for my Rubicon I have been considering Bodyguard or Road Armor as those seem to be one of the few that increase tire clearance over the factory Rubi fenders. But for the price I am content with sticking with my "chopped" Rubicon fenders until more options become available.

Sponsored

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
:rock::rock::rock:

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
@TTEChris What is the current suspension set up on the wifes Jeep. I seems to have changed a few times. It flexes damn good. In the past I remember a RC spacer lift and a Rancho lift, 2" Rubicon if I remember correctly

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
@TTEChris What is the current suspension set up on the wifes Jeep. I seems to have changed a few times. It flexes damn good. In the past I remember a RC spacer lift and a Rancho lift, 2" Rubicon if I remember correctly
She has a @ROAM 2.5" suspension setup(based on Rubicon spring heights, so closer to 3.5" on the sport). Her setup has 12" travel shocks, all 8 adjustable arms, front steering correction kit, and raised rear trackbar bracket with adjustable trackbars. She is also using JKS quick disconnects. I'd like to switch her to 37s and my old beadlocks but that would only limit suspension travel and I'm not certain the D30 up front will like that very much.:beer:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Looks nice Chris! I’m still deciding what 35’s to get so I can 8nstall the Rancho lift I bought from you!

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice Chris! I’m still deciding what 35’s to get so I can 8nstall the Rancho lift I bought from you!
Thanks!
If you want a nice ride 315/70r17(34.5) K02's are a really nice riding tire(In a C Load rating.)
Sponsored