Sponsored

Doors not unlocking when put in park

Darkcanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Is it normal that the doors of my JL are not unlocking automatically when I the vehicle in park? Is there a setting that can be changed to allow this?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Darkcanuck

You will find you can change which doors unlock, etc. in Uconnect settings ... radio..

OP
OP
Darkcanuck

Darkcanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I had a look quick look and I see "Auto Door Locks" and "Auto unlock on Exit". Both of them are "checked" as on. I assume "Auto door locks" keeps the doors unlocked at all times even when driving. I need to uncheck that one so that they never lock?

@Darkcanuck

You will find you can change which doors unlock, etc. in Uconnect settings ... radio..

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had a look quick look and I see "Auto Door Locks" and "Auto unlock on Exit". Both of them are "checked" as on. I assume "Auto door locks" keeps the doors unlocked at all times even when driving. I need to uncheck that one so that they never lock?
Auto Lock will lock all the doors when you drive and reach 10 mph or so.
Auto un-Lock will unlock all of the doors when you shift into park and open any front door. It will not unlock the doors simply by shifting to park, you have to open one of the doors (no need to unlock it first).

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
You missed it..."Auto unlock on Exit". That means when you pull the handle the doors unlock.

Look at it like this. At night, you're in a bad neighborhood parking in a dimly lit lot, the last thing you'd want is for the doors to automatically unlock when you turn off the car.

Now after reading this, for the butt hurt millennials, let's use bear infested campground instead of bad neighborhood.
Sponsored